Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
New to this forum, have '91 Patrol GQ, looking at a lift and long range tank. Have duel fuel and do not want to loose gas tank for a fuel tank replacement, need a bigger tank to fit in place of current 70 lt tank in side rails, is this possible ????

Am going to Birdsville races this year towing a camper and need to have a greater fuel capacity, as I get great KLMs per 100k NOT, can you help ????

Also best place in SE Melb for a 2" lift kit, can fit myself if cheaper ???

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Jack, if you have a 91 model then it is a GQ, there are a couple of options to increase your fuel carrying capacity by a large amount. 1. move the gas tank into the back of the vehicle and fit a long range tank under the back. The 70l tank next to the chassis ( side ) is about as big as you can fit in the limited space available. 2. do a 2' body lift, fit a gas tank where the side tank is and fit a long range tank under the back.

·
Registered
nissan
884 Posts
Hey mate I have a 150L LR tank in the back of my 95 GQ with 2" lift (not for long). Unsure of the brand though but I can have a look for you soon. Only thing is that the back of the tank has copped a beating and has some small dints from wheeling. Other than that it seems to work well, and my towbar protects it most of the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts