Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking to lift my 04 GU 2", plan is to set it up as a capable tourer. Atm looking for opinions on different brands etc. Daily driver and family runabout aswell as weekend runs

Currently it's dead stock with factory snorkel and winch bar (no winch yet)

Future mods are 33" tyres, roofcage winch and lights (scared of the dark lol)

TIA

·
Registered
nissan
720 Posts
Stick with Old Man Emu for 2" lift. Can't go wrong. Could substitute OME shocks for Koni or Bilstein if desired. If you want to go to 3" you have many more options, the best (IMO) of which is Superior Engineering coils with your choice of many capable shocks - the benefit being significantly more flex however additional cost due to need for castor correction etc.

·
Registered
nissan
508 Posts
Old man emu is the go in my opinion, I've had it on 3 cars now and been extremely happy with it. I've had the opportunity to drive cars with most types of suspension (my father and brother in law have tried most) and we all run OME now.

Shane

·
Registered
nissan
97 Posts
Mate, I'm sorting out a 2" lift at the moment. I've gone with king springs. Haven't decided on shocks yet but one thing that I've noticed is that most of the 2" shocks, including koni and Old man emu, that I've looked at are actually shorter than standard shocks. At this point I'm going to wait until after I've got coils installed before ordering shocks because I don't want to actually go backwards in articulation.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Mate, I'm sorting out a 2" lift at the moment. I've gone with king springs. Haven't decided on shocks yet but one thing that I've noticed is that most of the 2" shocks, including koni and Old man emu, that I've looked at are actually shorter than standard shocks. At this point I'm going to wait until after I've got coils installed before ordering shocks because I don't want to actually go backwards in articulation.

Smart..good plan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts