Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
133 Posts
King have just released their kits, which look to be copied from the Radflo kits/design that have now been available for at least 3 years. Not sure how much testing and info they have to have dialed them in well.

Reactions: Radflo Shocks

·
Registered
nissan
576 Posts
I have been using kings, But on my truck up around 300,000km now. Have been fantastic. Expensive yes but changed the ride 100%. I brought them from Australia distributor. Not sure who now but they are somewhere in QLD.

·
Registered
nissan
310 Posts
Would be awesome but bloody expensive!! $1700 just for rears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
133 Posts
I used bypass shock in my last 4x4 and to save a few bucks, I installed OME in my Y62 when I first got it, then, removed them after approx' 1000klms to replace them with Radflo. I drive at least 50000klms/year and for me, the extra expense is worth it to have the car set up well, which means it is less fatiguing to drive. If you can afford that type of shock and your driving style will appreciate them, then, go for it because after a very short time you'll stop think about what you spent and only be thinking 'what a bloody awesome vehicle!'

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I did some more research and settled on the Radflo system,
2.5 " remote res coilovers ,dobson 350kg constant rear springs plus remote res shocks.
Lead time approx 3-4 weeks .

·
Registered
A45 AMG, Ranger :(
1,163 Posts
Can any OME owners vouch for their setup? I am debating on the OME lift, the radflo kit is too damn expensive!
I have OME medium rate in mine and its nice, firm but the dampners control it perfectly.

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
Well I did some more research and settled on the Radflo system,
2.5 " remote res coilovers ,dobson 350kg constant rear springs plus remote res shocks.
Lead time approx 3-4 weeks .
So hows the Radflo's turbojoe??

I need to do something with mine after putting 20's on it. Kings are $5000 which is ridiculous, but I see KPD have radflo's for about $2800 with no remote reservoir which I think would suit my application as a daily driver.

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
I think if you put it into perspective, $4000-5000 for a suspension kit is nothing. You look at what people are happy to spend on engine and performance upgrades which give SFA gain, wheel and tyre packages, audio/entertainment or even bars, that price for what suspension does is nothing. Its the absolute backbone to the ride and handling of the car (probably the most critical of anything) and has a massive influence on offroad ability which is what we, or it would seem a dying breed in this car, really chase.

·
Registered
nissan
459 Posts
I think if you put it into perspective, $4000-5000 for a suspension kit is nothing. You look at what people are happy to spend on engine and performance upgrades which give SFA gain, wheel and tyre packages, audio/entertainment or even bars, that price for what suspension does is nothing. Its the absolute backbone to the ride and handling of the car (probably the most critical of anything) and has a massive influence on offroad ability which is what we, or it would seem a dying breed in this car, really chase.

We may disagree on many things, but this advice is golden.

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
Yes a I agree, spoke to Kpd and the radflo kit is $3700 to the door with a dobson 100kg rear coil vs kings kit at $4700 + a rear coil plus postage, so at least $5000.

So radflo is more affordable.

Need some feedback on those who have either kit?

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi mate,
My experience so far is a very positive one. Performance both on road and off has been brilliant. The on road handling very responsive and direct,cornering is like it's on rails.off-road the 62 soaks up the terrain beautifully.
Smooth soft and yet under complete control.

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
Hi mate,
My experience so far is a very positive one. Performance both on road and off has been brilliant. The on road handling very responsive and direct,cornering is like it's on rails.off-road the 62 soaks up the terrain beautifully.
Smooth soft and yet under complete control.
Thanks. What tires do you have on and which rear coil do you go with?. Dan from Kpd told me one of the y62's they did with a 350kg rear dobinson coil and it was too much? Not yours by any chance?

·
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower
nissan
981 Posts
Yes a I agree, spoke to Kpd and the radflo kit is $3700 to the door with a dobson 100kg rear coil vs kings kit at $4700 + a rear coil plus postage, so at least $5000.

So radflo is more affordable.

Need some feedback on those who have either kit?

fastfoz, does the radflo kit you got quoted on have remote reservoirs?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts