Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all . I recently bought a set of Dobinson 2 inch lift springs. Grabbed the RH front spring and fitted it, grabbed the other front spring and fitted it. After finishing the job I noticed the LH front side was higher than the RH side. Upon inspection I realized that BOTH front springs were marked RH. I spoke to the vendor who supplied the springs and his response was more or less "don't worry about it, most 4WD don't sit level anyway" so I'm guessing a replacement LH front spring aint gonna happen.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Apart from forking out for another set of front springs I guess my only other option is to put a spacer in the RHR spring to compensate for the high LHF spring. I'm not keen on that idea.

I should mention that I fitted rear springs at the same time.

Idea's??

·
Registered
nissan
1,571 Posts
The drivers side spring should be about 10mm longer then the passenger side. I would be requesting teh supplier to fix it, Look in the dobonson catalouge, they have a Left and Right for a reason.

·
Registered
nissan
447 Posts
I have the same problem!! Really annoys me there is 20 mm diffrence left to right and the place i bought em from had same response. Concidering a spacer on the right to make it level

·
Registered
nissan
1,089 Posts
The drivers side spring is higher to allow for batteries/fuel tank & spare wheel.
Lots of Patrols & cruisers generally sir level but a slight weight variation can make a fourby lean a bit.
Just grab the roof gutter on a patrol & you can get it to lean 15mm.
having a r/h spring in the l/h side will cause no problems other than a slight lean.
If the spring is a problem to you i am sure the vendor would swap the spring for you if you asked
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must admit that in part it is my fault. Golden Rule: always check ALL parts before fitment!!:idiot:

Anyway, the gentleman who sold me the parts is being most helpful , and we are presently working out how to solve the problem. You where right Zordo, all I had to do was ask.

Another question: has anybody ever had Dobinson (or any other spring for that matter) springs incorrectly marked . ie LH was marked RH, or visa versa ??:D
Just want to rule this out as an option

1 - 6 of 6 Posts