Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently bought an 07 crd auto I was told it might use a bit of fuel but 20l/100k is a bit rich i think. It has a 2 inch lift bull bar and winch and is running 33s. Has anybody else got this bad economy or does anybody know how to fix it. Already replaced the air flow meter didnt help.
thanks
Mick

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
1,610 Posts
Holy *****
My 89 Carby 4.2 petrol with bigger carb only does 24L per 100 and thats with a cracked head and a lead foot

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
plenty of threads in the GU section on **** economy on the CRD's. Mr Nissan had a broken calculator or his calculator had a virus the day he worked out the figures used to sell the vehicle.

but yours is worse than most.

·
Registered
nissan
2,695 Posts
****, and i thought 11.5L/100km was bad...:(

·
Registered
54 Posts
fuel economy

I can't get mine below 16.5Lt per 100kms. Just added a Roo systems exhaust and chip but hasn't helped yet!!!

Not impressed, considering changing over to a 79 series landcusier. Have just done simpson dessert and where i was averaging between 17 to 21 Lts, the cruser was between 10 to 12.5.

cheers George

·
Registered
nissan
884 Posts
Im currently at 25L per 100kms, haltec computer, 33's, auto, GT35R and a heavy right foot.

·
Registered
nissan
291 Posts
yeah my CRD does up to 19-20L per 100km according to the scanguage in city driving and tends to use more when the engine isnt up to running temp as apposed to normal temp(like in the morning). BUT highway driving it goes down to 11.7 avg per 100k's

thats with steel touring roof rack , 33s, heavy drawers ,rock sliders, steel rear bar, and rooftop tent.

its an AUTO aswell which dosent help ! throttle input makes a huuuge difference in fuel usage with the crd's unlike the older types where the pedal is nearly always on the floor to get anywhere

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hi there

I think the CRD is really depressing looking at these figures. Unfortunately Nissan seem to make motors that are reliable but are slugs, or go well on the road but have a short life expectancy. I think somebody from Nissan needs to go to Europe, where half the displacement produces the same horespower, with identical torque figures.

Mr Nissan, go get the V10 out of the Toureg and put that in the Patrol. That will get you sales.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
It all depends how you drive it too.
I've done as bad as 35 litres per 100. in a diesel.

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
Hi MikeH. Holy smoke, I would be spitting tacks if my 1KZ-TE manual Prado was using any more than around 15 per 100 towing a 2 tonne trailer! Fully loaded on long trip without trailer is usually around 10 per and as low as 9 with only me on board. Good range on 95 litre tank. You guys tow a mini tanker? Cheers, Derb.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
as I said its how you drive it.... that was giving it a thorough caning in 4wd.
Highway cruising I get 13 per 100.
Both TD42 with pretty much the same turbo.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My 2010 (manual) CRD has averaged around 12.8 mixed city / highway to date (14,000km now), got as high as 14.5 when towing the camper to Fraser Island from Melbourne, that was when it had only 4,000km on the clock also so was pretty pleased.
I do believe your choice of transmission & habits of your right foot can make an enourmous difference in economy with ZD30's.
Out of interest, my 2006 DI (set up with same gear) averaged high 11's so around 1 extra litre per 100km in the CRD.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
i get 11litres per 100kays AVERAGE, but mine is stock, i can get 10's as it is, -if i drive normally, and id say ill get 9's once i get it breathing better -snorkel, 3in exhaust, better airbox, better cooler, better turbo, etc.

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
Hello friends, mine is a crd 2008, lifted 4 ", snorkel, cooper stt 285/75 R16, and soft foot no less than 17L per 100k and this Greetings from Spain

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Not sure how the new age rigs work
But ive always been told AUTOs use more juice than manual
The cheapest ever nissan patrol ive seen is my Ol MQ SD33 diesel
500,000Ks on motor and still getting 10L/100Ks (Highway)
100% stock ala nissan

Jacket 9L/100Ks from your patrol,maybe just maybe we see hey

1 - 20 of 25 Posts