Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gu2 2000
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to everyone

i am having some issues with my gu boosting at different rates ill try to explain it the best i can

driving along at 110km boost gauge sits at 10-11 psi and egt gauge sits at 400-450 deg c the you take your foot off for any reason like slowing down for a car in front and then put your foot back down and now its boosting to 20-21 psi and egt drops to 250-300 deg c if i put my foot right into it and push it to overtake itwill drop the boost right out and go back to 5 psi till i let y foot off and put it back down again then it will go back to normal (10 psi) or it will continue to boost at high pressure (20-21 psi) the engine and turbo are 12 mths old and have done 30,000 km old one grenaded as you probably would have guessed its starting to do my head in any help will be great

details for the wagon are

2000 GU11 Wagon
3.0l intercooled turbo
33 inch muddies
240.000 kms (new motor at 210,000 kms )
new gearbox at 230,000kms
stock wagon other that the tyres
boost gauge and egt gauge
:confused::headwall:

·
obi 1 patientnewby !
nissan
495 Posts
That's pretty normal, block the EGR, and fit a dawes valve and that should fix it.
Have a look at the ZD30 reference document.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
hello to everyone

i am having some issues with my gu boosting at different rates ill try to explain it the best i can

driving along at 110km boost gauge sits at 10-11 psi and egt gauge sits at 400-450 deg c the you take your foot off for any reason like slowing down for a car in front and then put your foot back down and now its boosting to 20-21 psi and egt drops to 250-300 deg c if i put my foot right into it and push it to overtake itwill drop the boost right out and go back to 5 psi till i let y foot off and put it back down again then it will go back to normal (10 psi) or it will continue to boost at high pressure (20-21 psi) the engine and turbo are 12 mths old and have done 30,000 km old one grenaded as you probably would have guessed its starting to do my head in any help will be great

details for the wagon are

2000 GU11 Wagon
3.0l intercooled turbo
33 inch muddies
240.000 kms (new motor at 210,000 kms )
new gearbox at 230,000kms
stock wagon other that the tyres
boost gauge and egt gauge
:confused::headwall:
That's normal for a DI particularly an early one, mine was the same as yours a long time ago and went bang at 155,000k after which I joined here, but it goes like a rocket now and has good linear boost and great control, at the top of the GU/GR section (where you posted) is the ZD30DI subsection, open that up and open the archives first post has an index and post 2 has a full section on this, read So you bought a ZD30, to start with, all this is explained.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts