Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

i had some body work done and the panel beater left out the bolts that connect the OEM snorkel to the bracket on the A pillar. Does anyone know what size they are? The Safari tech sheet says 6mm, but they look more like 10mm to my eye. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,017 Posts
Hi all,

i had some body work done and the panel beater left out the bolts that connect the OEM snorkel to the bracket on the A pillar. Does anyone know what size they are? The Safari tech sheet says 6mm, but they look more like 10mm to my eye. Thanks in advance.
Can you put up a pic to make things clear? Mines a Safari but aftermarket, and mine is held in place with Teck Screws through plastic inserts.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,017 Posts
OK that makes things a bit clearer, I thought you were talking about the attachment to the actual pillar, On my safari that connection is 6mm thread, 10mm head, but that does look a little larger, so could possibly be 8mm thread.

That's OK I can turn it around :).

·
Registered
2010 GU DX CRD Grenade :)
632 Posts
If nobody else gets back here in the mean time, I have a factory snorkel on my d22 which should have the same size bolts so I will have a look when I get home and let you know.

Reactions: peterm8

·
Registered
632 Posts
There you go. Missed it by that much haha. Also, the ones on my d22 are Stainless Allen key mushroom head bolts, not that it should make a lot of difference...

Thought I'd add this, may help you out a bit.

Bit hard to get a decent measurement and take a photo at the same time, plus they're only Aldi calipers, so you'd get away with a 16mm...

Reactions: peterm8 and AndrieK

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks mate, bloody outstanding. I’m constantly amazed by the info available on this site and how people go out of their way to help. Cheers!

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,963 Posts
There you go. Missed it by that much haha. Also, the ones on my d22 are Stainless Allen key mushroom head bolts, not that it should make a lot of difference...

Bit hard to get a decent measurement and take a photo at the same time, plus they're only Aldi calipers, so you'd get away with a 16mm...
Size wise you're spot on, but I think on the GU the bolts are more angled towards the pillar, so getting an allen key on the screw might be a little tricky. Mine are normal hex screws and I fitted the snorkel myself, so I know they are original Genuine Nissan. ;)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Size wise you're spot on, but I think on the GU the bolts are more angled towards the pillar, so getting an allen key on the screw might be a little tricky. Mine are normal hex screws and I fitted the snorkel myself, so I know they are original Genuine Nissan. ;)
Fair enough. I can't understand the reasoning behind making them all different... Then again, nothing they do seems to make sense...

·
Registered
632 Posts

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,963 Posts
D22 and Y61 have nothing in common structurally, so there's no reason for any of it to be the same.

The button head cap screw is probably the better option, but tool access on the Y61 most likely forced the change.

Engineering is the art of finding the best compromise between multiple seemingly irreconcilable requirements.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts