Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I bought a 2001 4.5l petrol Ti a couple of weeks back (just before the big forum reset). It was standard when we got it, but since then the following has been done:
4x Bridgestone 694lt, 265/70/16
4x Ironman coils & shocks, average 60mm lift from what it was
1x safari snorkel, to be installed this weekend.
Wish list includes UHF radio, recovery gear, entertainment unit, and whatever I can think of.
Cheers,
Joostoz

·
Registered
nissan
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fitted a snorkel yesterday, had a fellow forum member help me out. Didn't manage to do it in the 120 minutes the installation manual said it would, but it was a great experience. First time I actually did something on a car myself, having driven leased cars in the past where you would even call the roadside assist people to change a tyre (well ok, that may have been one of the things I actually would do myself, but you get the picture). So now we should be all set for a big trip soon!

·
Registered
nissan
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Offyonder: once i figure out how to post pics I'll post them ;-)
Gastank: Given that I may be leaving the country in about 2 years time, and that we don't drive the car that much (estimate <10,000km per year), gas wouldn't be worthwile I think.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Alloy wheel Auto part

Did this work?

·
Registered
nissan
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Off-roading Regularity rally

Finally a picture "on the road". More "off the road and on the track" that is. Very happy after the first encounters with some slippery and steep tracks in the Grampians last weekend. Actually had to use low range! Couldn't be happier with the performance so far.

·
Registered
nissan
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Off-road vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Sport utility vehicle

Dust Vehicle Road Motor vehicle Off-roading

some pictures from our road trip: Melbourne - Keith - Woomera - Coober Pedy - William Creek - Marla - Uluru - Kings Canyon - Glen Helen - Alice Springs - Ghan to Adelaide - Beachport SA - Melbourne over the Christmas period!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.