Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys & girls.
The brother inlaw put me onto this site for some good reading.
Been visiting for a few months now, but thought it's time to jump onboard and start posting.
My ride is a 2002 TD4.2T Wagon, and I'm located in Country Victoria.
I'm at the stage of needing more fuel for my setup.
Pump is the standard factory pump, but have the fuel screw as far as I can go without it running away, have the shims removed from under the boost compensator, have the boost compensator turned around for maximum pin travel, haven't touched the spring position yet.
Have a full water to air intercooler, running 35's.
Was pushing 20psi boost through the standard turbo, but have just gone to twin compound turbo setup, with approx same boost.
So as I said, I now need more fuel.
Any recommendations on pump options that stand out.
Also, shops around Vic that know what they are doing?
Cheers.
Paul.
AGROTT.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Welcome Agrott, sounds like you have most things under control and that you may be looking at a 12 pump, anyway there are a lot of knowledgeable 4.2 guy's who can answer your question including one guy "diesel tec" who I think is down your way.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Diesel Tec is down at Lilydale AGROT, send him a PM, he's quite regular on here and fair dinkum.

Thanks mate.
I hear different costs thrown around for different pump combinations.
I just don't like spending money twice if I don't have to.
Going a bigger pump, how far will that let me crank this babe?
Also, going larger in the pump, will I be blowing smoke screening down the road in low revs, or can this be tuned out of the pump for better road manners (ie: the poor bloke behind you)?

AGROTT.
You would be surprised what a smart young man can do to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts