Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, I have just secured a complete 2002 TD42T motor for my conversion into a 2000 GU wagon with a dead ZD30 in it. While the motor is out of the vehicle, now is the time to do any work to it before install. I will be upgrading the turbo, any suggestions please, and the fuel system should be upgraded as well. What sized injectors and pump size would I need to
Keep up with 18 to 22lbs of boost and hopefully around the 170kw at the rims. Have a 3 inch dump and exhaust plus a water to air intercooler for it as well. The main question is size of fuel system , type of turbo to give very strong mid range . The vehicle will be used as a comp truck plus extended tourer. I guess I should add 4.3 diff gears 35 inch rubber. Many thanks I look forward to any useful input.

Cheers.

·
Right Turn Clyde
nissan patrol
1,061 Posts
I thought the 3.0 gu's had 4.3 diff gears in them, ??.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
What is your budget for the turbo/fuel upgrades? your probably lookin at several grand there complete.
what intercooler is it - water to air, not a subaru one is it?

170kw is quite expensive to obtain

·
Registered
nissan patrol
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was guessing around the 5 to 6 grand for a solid system which is a good investment in the long run.
The intercooler will be a frozen boost set up, which we successfully put into a GQ recently with a Denco high mount and it works exceptionally well. With all the low range work the cooler made massive changes compared to the air to air systems at low speeds.

·
Registered
nissan
442 Posts
Toughdiesels fitted a modified mitsi TD05 to my 4.2 and it comes on boost at about 11-1200 rpm with 3" dump and zorst. Makes torque easy. Going in next week for a bit more of a tickle to the turbo and we'll see what happens....

·
Registered
nissan patrol
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, thanks for that. Looks like I will run the Denco Td42ti upgrade turbo which spools up early like the turbo you have fitted. We will look at the 13mm pump but are sorting out new injectors as well to help the whole equation. Just itching to put the truck together and get it on the dyno. I will keep up some posts as we go and maybe a pic or two.

·
united fuel injection
Nissan
2,633 Posts
Cool, thanks for that. Looks like I will run the Denco Td42ti upgrade turbo which spools up early like the turbo you have fitted. We will look at the 13mm pump but are sorting out new injectors as well to help the whole equation. Just itching to put the truck together and get it on the dyno. I will keep up some posts as we go and maybe a pic or two.
If its the switzer upgrade meaning the S2 switzer it wont get within a week of a TD05.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I was guessing around the 5 to 6 grand for a solid system which is a good investment in the long run.
The intercooler will be a frozen boost set up, which we successfully put into a GQ recently with a Denco high mount and it works exceptionally well. With all the low range work the cooler made massive changes compared to the air to air systems at low speeds.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
triple that for 170 at the wheels!
You wont be doing that with a Denco kit and a frozenboost cooler. More like a custom Garrett turbo and a Laminova cooler.
Then add on another $10k for head work to your engine.

5 or 6 grand will get you about [email protected] that is upgrades to your turbo, fuel pump mods and a moderately good intercooler and exhaust if you do most of the work yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts