Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished upgrading my Patrol (auto) with a 3 inch exhaust and steinbauer chip with accompanying EGT and boost gauges. It goes like a rocket now and its like driving another car. I have the printout of the power /torque curves and getting about a 30% increase (it certainly feels like it). The boost sits at between 10-12 psi (max) and the EGT is sub 500C when highway cruising. The wife is very impressed with the car as she does most of the weekly driving.

A chap in the Brendale area of Brisbane (northern suburbs) did the work for me and I have been impressed with his manner and knowledge of diesels and turbos that he will now do all my car's servicing. My local Nissan dealer and service agent could not tell me whether my Patrol had an automatic transmission cooler even while looking straight at it.

I love my patrol and took this opportunity to say positives things about the Zd30 as all I seem to read in this forum is the negatives. I getting the Patrol ready to tow a caravan in August and I hope to add another 200k to my total 150k so far.

·
Registered
2001 TB48 GU Patrol
248 Posts
Which work shop in brendale? Been looking for a decent one

·
Registered
nissan patrol
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used All Star Tuning on 07 32056850. unit 89, 193 South Pine Rd Brendale ask for Richard. Apparently he is part of a racing team (Mazda I think) so cars apeear to be a big part of his life.

Nice bloke and he did not give me the hard sell. Speaks quietly and appears to know what he's talking about.

Good luck ; let us know how you go.

Peter

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
83 Posts
I love my patrol and took this opportunity to say positives things about the Zd30 as all I seem to read in this forum is the negatives. I getting the Patrol ready to tow a caravan in August and I hope to add another 200k to my total 150k so far.
Hey mate good to see another 3.0ltr love i agree with you 100% and good to hear you got some good power @ torque gains as i am in the market for chip and exhaust.....

cheers foz:p

·
Registered
nissan patrol
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mate,

Next step is an auto lecky for andersen plug and electric brake controller, then anti sway bars, wdh and I reckon I'm just about set to go caravanning with my Patrol.

I suppose my biggest threat is a speeding ticket while driving my rocket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts