Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
After 175000klm, its time to replace my original shockies. I bought the car new and it hasnt done any 4wd work, but has driven on a bit of dirt roads, but not much. Mostly been a road car. Im looking for advice on good quality shockies front and rear, standard height, as Im planning to do some travelling around Australia. Wont do any heavy 4wd work but our outback roads can be rough. IM thinking Bilstein B6 monotube gas currently at $990 for the 4 delivered. Im thinking I will keep the original springs. Any advice would be welcome please before I spend the $, thanks John.

·
Registered
07 Black Patrol 3.0 / 04 Grey 3.0 Patrol / 01 3.0 Patrol
1,382 Posts
Most brands nowadays are good....i went to a shop in uk last year (ebay uk) when rebuilding one of my Patrols and paid 55pound per shock. They were a japanese brand i forget the name but they were the finest..no problems and the Patrol drove much better obviously because the originals had over 500K's up lol...
I personally don't think you need to spend big on shocks,most brands are good now! And the springs do most of the work anyway.I have had a friend who drove for a year with no rear shocks when he was getting some chassis work done. LOL Coilsprung vehicles are more forgiving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts