Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,103 Posts
Hello fellow Nissan enthusiasts.in the back of my 2004 Gu tb42 there is this slot on the passenger side.was wondering what it is.pls let me know cheers.
What MSJ says, you can access wiring etc through there. Mine is hard to get at because the draws almost completely cover it lol.

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
I was kinda thinking 12v panel but it's to small
There are several companies that make a small electrical panel for that location.
Baintech is one.
Input device Camera accessory Output device Gadget Audio equipment

This one from Offroad Downunder is a bit cheaper.

Or it would be very easy to cut out a little panel in plastic, or just drill holes in that existing panel and make your own electrical plug panel.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Dummy tail lights ,compared to what lol
Compared to real lights !...........The lights in the rear body of gu patrols do not work except for 1 reverse light on left hand side - hence "dummy lights" ( only the ones in the bumper bar actually light up - tail lights / blinkers / stop lights - that is how they come rom the factory ) ----- most people replace the "dummy" lights with after market ones that actually work.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
3,102 Posts
Compared to real lights !...........The lights in the rear body of gu patrols do not work except for 1 reverse light on left hand side - hence "dummy lights" ( only the ones in the bumper bar actually light up - tail lights / blinkers / stop lights - that is how they come rom the factory ) ----- most people replace the "dummy" lights with after market ones that actually work.
Only in some countries.

ADR's (Australian Design Rules) amongst others, have a 45deg inward viewing angle requirement for tail, stop and indicator lamp functions. The offset spare wheel on the big barn door partially obscures the RHS tail lamp to the poimt where it doesn't meet this requirement. This forced Nissan to fit alternative lamps in the bumper in some markets.

You can actually buy full functioning genuine Nissan upper lamps for Y61.

This ADR requiement came into affect half way through Y60's (GQ) production life, which is why early GQ's in AUS do not have bumper lamps but later ones do.

And to answer the OP's original question, the panel is there to provide access to the two M6 nuts you need to remove to get the upper tail lamp out so that you can replace the globes. On the RHS, you can get access to the nuts through the storage compartment for the bottle jack.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,690 Posts
Hi Everyone, Yeti I like what you have done better than the commercial ones. What does each irem do and where did you buy the parts from? Cheers Brett
Hi
The Volt gauge is a combined Amp gauge from eBay for $5 and I fitted a red push button to turn it on and off
It has a resettable fuse plus switches for a cigarette socket and a merit socket , also known as a Hella socket.
Down the bottom is a dual outlet usb
All parts except for the gauge are Narva and came from the local auto pro shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 22 Posts