Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do the plastic fantastic radiators last ? Should I be looking at an ally one before another big trip ? Are they prone to cracking etc ?
Thanks

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Just fitted a PWR radiator last week took a little bit of modifying but hope not to have to worry about it for a while. Nothing worse than the misses ring up and telling you the old plastic tank is shooting coolant every where.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My 2001 model is still running the standard radiator and all is fine. Have thought about how long they last as well so will be interested to see other responses.

·
Registered
851 Posts
My 1998 TB45 is on the original radiator. I will fit another genuine one when the time comes as I won't need the car in another 13 years.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
just check to make sure the lower shroud hasnt been rubbing on the radiator to wear a hole in it.

·
Registered
nissan
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just check to make sure the lower shroud hasnt been rubbing on the radiator to wear a hole in it.
Yeah I read about that some time back but when I looked on mine I couldnt see where it would rub ?? anybody got a pic maybe ..?

thanks

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
My radiator in my GQ (Not GU i know , more example)
Just got replaced, been in there since 1997

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
How long do the plastic fantastic radiators last ? Should I be looking at an ally one before another big trip ? Are they prone to cracking etc ?
Thanks
Don't risk it and just do it. Then it'll be a peace of mind for you and your family.

Haha Yom, these arn't jeeps mate... we actually takecare of our Patrols more than Jeepy owners do :p.

·
Registered
nissan
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok then ... any tips on best to replace it with ?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
ok then ... any tips on best to replace it with ?
Whats your budget? if the stock one was working, go with a GOOD non chinese recore, <400 when I had GQ done.
You have PWR, Desert coolers for well over a grand from memory.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
good work with the pics.

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
1999 4.2td here still has original and touch wood seems ok

1 - 16 of 16 Posts