Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello the other day i disconnected the airbag plug and had to turn the key on to pull the windows up, i had to do it quickly cuz it was about to rain...
now the light is blinking and it's driving my crazy....

i have tried to obdii scanners and none of them can connect.
Reading here and there and in the owners manual it's says nissan consult 2?

i have a obd2 plug yes but i read it could have another protocol or something...
can someone please direct me to the correct path on this one?

or maybe give a straight answer on how to solve this?

i've disconnected the battery for a couple of hours and try the on switch with the door light etc

·
Registered
851 Posts
jacket is allowed to say that coz he has owned a few.

the nissan dealer (heaven forbid) could reset the code for you or you could look at the ecutalk display. It can't do too much on the td42, but the temperature alarm is one thing I think it has as well as code display and reset. Have a look at ecutalk.com.au There are threads here. You would need to check with Peter if it can reset airbag codes though. Peter is the developer you can email.

If you have a laptop you could buy a cable and use some free software - a bit cheaper than the display.

·
Registered
778 Posts
You will need a nissan consult 2 scanner, or find someone who has a snapon unit, carman scan or ultrascan, go into generic scan, it will then scan all communication protocols.

I dont think it is obd2 even though it has the standard plug.

Andy

·
Registered
nissan
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You will need a nissan consult 2 scanner, or find someone who has a snapon unit, carman scan or ultrascan, go into generic scan, it will then scan all communication protocols.

I dont think it is obd2 even though it has the standard plug.

Andy
thank you.
will see if i can do that today :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts