Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2005
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday fuel pump went on the rig last week at 118000, have read that a few go around these sort of km's anything else to keep eyes peeled for. Cheers

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Sorry to hear about your fuel pump, have you added any of the recommended mods as yet, if not should look into it. Your year is pretty free of the earlier dramas.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,274 Posts
Gday fuel pump went on the rig last week at 118000, have read that a few go around these sort of km's anything else to keep eyes peeled for. Cheers
Interested? Do you use 2st in the fuel at all, mines got well over 200,000 with no issues, have not read or aware of that many failures at that mileage. I had a colleagues pump on his 2003 fail a few years ago but that was due to low sulphur fuel issues.

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
They dont generally let go, only if there is fuel contamination/water or if there is air in the fuel pump when cranking after servicing or the like. And that low sulfur fuel, hence why I use the 2 stroke oil every 3rd fill or there abouts.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,274 Posts
2 stroke ? whats the reasoning behind that
It's an old trick thats been around for years. Even Mercedes have trialled it. Mix plain old ordinary garden variety 2 stroke with your diesel fuel at a rate of 200/250 to one and it helps to lubricate the fuel pump and goes towards making up some of the chemical deficiency in the later low sulphur fuels. Have been using it for many moons, works well, and actually shuts up some of the pump clatter, quieter idle. There are many threads on the subject.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Hmmm... My 2005 zd30 ticked over 100000 kms at 1600hrs 3.3.11 at 90kmh.

No engine dramas at all so far!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3 Posts
Sorry to hear about your fuel pump.There is always the possibility of a mechanical failure of any component. From a personal point my 2005 3.0 LTD is approaching 190000km and 60000 of this has been used pulling a 2.3 tonne caravan. The only problem a blown turbo hose (fixed under extended warranty) The vehicle is bog standard and is maintained as per manufacturers recommendation. Hopefully this is your last problem and you can enjoy the vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts