Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to sell my 2006 GU 4.2TD. Are people really getting what they have them advertised for. Have seen them from mid 40s into the 50s.

·
Registered
nissan
91 Posts
Depending on what you have done to it and the condition it's in. I would say 40's is accurate. That's just from my own searching before i bought a GU. I'v seen really early 2000's 4.2's go for high 30's. Most of them have all the bells and whistles but.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
653 Posts
Really comes down to how quick you want to sell it...ask the silly money and it may take a fair while to sell, there would be only a very small minority out there willing to pay the big bucks for a near 10 year old 4x4. Price it sensibly and I would imagine you will still make good money back and sell it a lot quicker. Id be stuffed if I would pay those silly prices, would rather put that money towards a new Y61 or look at a second hand low k Y62. The 4.2 is a good donk but honestly I feel its a little over rated.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,998 Posts
The 4.2TD is the standout Patrol . It's worth what some body is prepared to pay. With 200 RWKW easily obtainable from the engine and very little electronics why would you look else where!!!! Cheers

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,456 Posts
To be honest mate it's only worth about $4k.

I'll give you $5k for it to help you out since you're a member here. Just email me the transfer papers, cheers bud.

Reactions: Stropp

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
this is the million dollar question, I love my brother 4.2 series 4 but i can't honestly see the value in a car that is 10 years old fetching close to new price. I thought it was a bit steep when he payed 40 something for his stock 4 years ago but to get the same now is a little crazy.

I guess it is supply and demand.

If i was to get one i want a series iv st-l , but a second hand 62 looks good to .

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,998 Posts
Some people want something a bit newer than a 10 year old car. Not me though, I'll be hanging on to my 2000 GU for a while yet.

Cheers,

Spot on mate, mines a 2000 as well - had 5000km on the clock when I bought it. Just shy of 300,000 now and running better than ever. Coils all round, tough drive train. Point and go. I have run my own electronics type company for nearly 20years and am in NO hurry to introduce any to the patrol. I did upgrade to a HN7 before Xmas, only real computer in the patrol and that has all ready been sent back for repair!!! Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
2,771 Posts
The auction has begun :)

$10,100......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts