Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Okay, so an update, driving the other day, suddenly it shut down, blown the 20amp fuse for the engine control !! Turned over just wasn't starting. Anyhow, replaced the fuse and all was well. Had it into the mechanic, just to drop the transmission pan, have a look around, inspect the valve assembly etc. He found some metal filings in the pan !! Put it back together, obviously still doing the same. Brought it back from the shop today, figured i would still use it till i can find a replacement trans. Took it out for a short run later in the day, shutdown after 5 minutes, popped the hood, opened the fuse box, blown 20amp engine control fuse, replaced it, turned the ignition on, pop, blew straight away.
Stretching the limit here, but is there any possible link between the 2 problems, i understand these have a transmission computer or something, could an electrical fault be causing both problems.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,260 Posts
This is sounding like a dodgy connection somewhere mate.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,260 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Update, the electrical fault was a short. That's 1 problem fixed. The trans is a whole different story. We have been parking it in Neutral, with the handbrake on for the last couple of weeks, and it works perfectly. Somehow it seems like it seems like it was jamming partially in park when the fluids are cold !! Any ideas?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts