Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone else is having issues starting their patrol sometimes when its parked on a slope?

My driveway slopes down a fair bit, and sometimes it wont start or it starts then conks out..

If i lift the bonnet and pump the fuel it starts and goes as normal, or if i roll it down to the flat it will start after about 20 secs.

Its got me thinking that sitting on a slope overnight is causing some issues with the way it gets fuel

Anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
356 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else is having issues starting their patrol sometimes when its parked on a slope?

My driveway slopes down a fair bit, and sometimes it wont start or it starts then conks out..

If i lift the bonnet and pump the fuel it starts and goes as normal, or if i roll it down to the flat it will start after about 20 secs.

Its got me thinking that sitting on a slope overnight is causing some issues with the way it gets fuel

Anyone else seen this?
Do you get any smoke when it finally starts?
One thing it could be is the hand primer one way valve has failed? Just a thought.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan patrol st-l
30 Posts
I had the same issue replaced a few of the hoses and clamps and it was all good.

Did notice a tiny bit of fuel on the pump though.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
68 Posts
Got same problem but was only when I parked nose up . Now its also doing it after 30min or so when parked flat . if I remember to prime 1st its sweet otherwise it will run for afew seconds then stall .
Great anti theft devise lol.

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
darn fuel!

Yeah it only happens when its parked on a hill nose up, though it doesnt happen when its parked flat for me....

I'm going to change over some of the fuel lines this week and check to see if anything looks damaged.

I'll post when i know the outcome.

You would think on a 2009 model this wouldnt happen...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts