Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan GU 2000mdl
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughters ZD30 2010 manual: temp guage gets near hot end of guage when under load up hills.
New Nissan thermostat fitted (boiled prior to fitting and opened same as old thermostat-4mm only)

Once decelerating temp comes back to normal.

Anyone else experience this?? Nissan dealer in perth cannot answer and suggests all is in order.

grahamw

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
I have the same proublem when it was stock
When i put the front mount intercooler on it it helped heaps but i pulled my radaitor out and the core was half blocked.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Try another dealer... To suggest all is fine is obviously manure.
Tell the dealer to go for a run with her to a hill that causes the issue so he can see what and when it happens and the conditions that cause the issue.

Is she towing?
Is the car standard?
Is it any time, or when its loaded?
Does she drive with her foot buried into the carpet?
How many kms on the car?

·
Registered
nissan
29 Posts
I have never seen the temperature gauge on my 2010 manual climb above more than half way in 2wd even when climbing the ranges coming out of Cairns heading or the soft stuff in the middle on the way back to Perth in 45+C heat (where we werent towing but were weighing in at 3.5t with the roof rack loaded another two foot high).

The only time I've had it climb above half way was working the **** out of it in soft sand.

The Cannington mob have always been pretty helpful for me if thats not the mob you're trying - and found them to have the cheapest dealer servicing charge in Perth as well.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
316 Posts
Let us know how you fix it and who helped fix it.....

Im on my way to perth next week with a similar problem in a 2003....

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
One thing you could consider is getting a ScanGauge for your daugther's Patrol, that will tell precisely what level the temps are hitting. It may well be that the Patrol's temp gauge is playing up, though that would seem unlikely.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
One thing you could consider is getting a ScanGauge for your daugther's Patrol, that will tell precisely what level the temps are hitting. It may well be that the Patrol's temp gauge is playing up, though that would seem unlikely.

Cheers

Ray

+1............worth their weight in gold

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine did the same!! Until i removed the foam between the radiator and a/c radiator and found 70% of it covered in mud, that i didn't get off after the dip in the mud, coz i coudln't see it!! Checked it? She ran fine without load and around town, first hill i showed it she complained, but now the A/C is awesome and the dial never moves. 3.0L dont over heat, thats a 4.2L problem.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
316 Posts
3.0L never over heat???

Then what the hell is wrong with mine........

Been an ongoing problem now.......for a few months!

AND TRIED EVERYTHING short of a new radiator and a new car!

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2.8td gu st
249 Posts
have you had it tested for head gasket problems @ your radiator shop, rodded your radiator??? how long have you had 4b for? reason i ask maybe someone has put in some sought of treatment in rad this is a no no it works for a while then it'l come back and haunt you clogging your galleries in the head and no flow but these are good products when selling your vechicle as persay.... if all tests are clear and maybe some one-else can suggest other test's, maybe last resort do a dyno run or get mechanic check timing...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
316 Posts
Yep radiator rodded...

No signs of head or gasket problems...other than the heat.

Not that many Dynos out here in the middle of no where

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yep radiator rodded...

No signs of head or gasket problems...other than the heat.

Not that many Dynos out here in the middle of no where
ok all else fails check timing with mechanic try google there's heaps of other forums with there resident know it all bloke you'l be surprised how informative some of them are and very helpful...

·
Registered
nissan/gu
28 Posts
mine did exactly the same, it was just a dirty radiator, i took it out my self and took it to my local raditor shop and he cleaned it for $110. bout double if they take it out. but i had EXACTLY the same symptoms as yours. it was 75% blocked btw.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
My daughters ZD30 2010 manual: temp guage gets near hot end of guage when under load up hills.
New Nissan thermostat fitted (boiled prior to fitting and opened same as old thermostat-4mm only)

Once decelerating temp comes back to normal.

Anyone else experience this?? Nissan dealer in perth cannot answer and suggests all is in order.

grahamw
Get the slackers to sit in the car with you and have them connect that expensive consult engine analyser to the diag port. Then they can watch what happens when shes driving. Did this with a few years back with mine, came in handy.

·
Registered
nissan
74 Posts
+1............worth their weight in gold
Totally agree, checked mine last weekend, 2010 CRD, wanted to know what the temps were doing at 110 Kph cruise with A/C, idling, going up hills etc. Hooked up scangauge, and the temps read were;

100-110 Kph W/- Ac = 89 to 92C deg. (35 deg day)

Pretty much stayed in this range, suspect that the only effect on temps was the A/C cycling in & out, and the long rises in the road.

Also, the MAF, by deducting 14.5, read turbo boost, which at the above speeds were usually around 10-12 psi. At full acceleration was easy to see that the boost was limited to 15 psi max. Idling at 14.9 psi.

Don't mean to hijack thread, but will use the scan gauge temp / maf when on trips and off road in the warm weather for "peace of mind"

Cheers, :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Totally agree, checked mine last weekend, 2010 CRD, wanted to know what the temps were doing at 110 Kph cruise with A/C, idling, going up hills etc. Hooked up scangauge, and the temps read were;

100-110 Kph W/- Ac = 89 to 92C deg. (35 deg day)

Pretty much stayed in this range, suspect that the only effect on temps was the A/C cycling in & out, and the long rises in the road.

Also, the MAF, by deducting 14.5, read turbo boost, which at the above speeds were usually around 10-12 psi. At full acceleration was easy to see that the boost was limited to 15 psi max. Idling at 14.9 psi.

Don't mean to hijack thread, but will use the scan gauge temp / maf when on trips and off road in the warm weather for "peace of mind"

Cheers, :D
TAYGZ has got this covered he has a ecutalk thats how he knows his temps are around 110

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/ecutalk-log-what-sensors-60694/

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Somethings not right there. Our 2010 patrol towed the camper (1t) three kids ,gear & a/c on home from Wee jasper on Australia day in temps of around 40 without a problem in the world.

·
Registered
nissan
18 Posts
Mate there are only so many thins in the cooling system that are going to go wrong, start at the easyiest, stick a hose in the front of the radiator and wash it out, check to see if it is blowing coolant out the overflow(head gaskit, cracked/warped head), does your water pump work can you see the water flow when warm and cap off, are you using coolant, if not it can`t be gaskit or head there is obviously some sort of restriction, if your radiator needed coring you may be best off pulling the head off and checking the block and head journals for build up, be good to see how you go.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,274 Posts
If it's a 2010 model, tell the bloody dealer to get it soughted.:mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts