Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Long time reader and thought it might me time to say Hi. This site is a treasure trove of information and is a credit to all involved.

Anyway I have a 2011 CRD Patrol. Got it new. Have done a few mods including dual batteries, custom shelves, cargo barrier, and radios. Absolutely great car and very capable.

Unfortunately its out of action due to contaminated fuel while on my last trip and should be back in the next few weeks.

I look forward to joining the discussions in the future.

Regards

SA227

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
Welcome. I hope the bill for the fix isn't too bad. Mine was heaps and I did it myself.

Good luck with the rig and keep us informed with how you go

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your welcome.
I will try and post some pic's shortly, just have to work out how!

I should get the Patrol back by the end of next week. We picked up some diesel (which included a generous amount of emulsified water and other junk in it) during a trip out to Poeppels Corner last month. The engine still ran after a filter change and fuel drain but was hard to start etc etc, interestingly there was no fault codes.

Lucky it is covered by Insurance, but what supprised me was how little help our local Nissan Dealer was here in Sydney. Was told by insurer to take it to them. After having it for a whole day they called me and said i should take it somewhere else as they don't have anyone with diesel experience on staff and couldn't fix it!

So its with my local guy who is pretty good with this sort of thing and i trust his workmanship. We are going to put in 2 long range tanks with flush mount aviation fuel drain points so that I can check the fuel daily and after filling for water/contamination. I just need to work out where to mount a second filter/separator (30 Micron) as the engine bay is a bit tight.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Welcome, and sorry to hear of your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts