·
The Act of Faith
nissan patrol
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Refer to the poll and make your decision

High Country East: Areas east of Dargo

High Country West: Dargo and places west of it

Grampians S/W Vic: Cape Otway area extending toward the Grampians and south of it

Melb state forests: Wombat, Lerdederg, Cobaw, Toolangi, Bunyip, Tallarook etc

Little Desert N/NW Vic: North of the Grampians extending through Little Desert NP to Mildura. Includes the Murray River from Yarrawonga to mildura

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
Waiting for poll...

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
Vote 1 Dargo in June

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Since i'm becoming a Victorian as of the 18th of February i feel compelled to attend :)

Name the date and i will hopefully be free :) Be good to meet some more of the Victorian Patrollers.

Matt

·
Registered
nissan gq
706 Posts
At this stage im in had such a great time on the last one,thats if its not in july.

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,273 Posts
I'm in too... Just not June.. Hope to be doing Cape York in June.
But with all the water around, recon we'll be lucky if we get to Sydney...

Kimberley's is the backup plan...

·
Banned
1,723 Posts
Voted September as will have the new camper trailer by then (hopefully) .

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'm in again ... Hammer Time, eh Chester :cheers:

Anyway, someone has to be there to dilute the gene pool and to tempt Patrollers over to the dark side.

Have to confer with SWMBO before I cast my vote for when and where.

·
Banned
1,723 Posts
You coming down to Victoria Shaun????
I am going to try . See how camper goes and I`ll ask for holidays when I get back to work after the closure due to floods .

·
Registered
nissan gq
706 Posts
Don't mean to burst the bubble,but has anyone thought about the walnut festival they have every Easter at dargo? Plus all the traffic that the area will have at easter.Get's pretty full up in that area

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
I agree, Easter is going to be hell (just about anywhere), especially since it coincides with Anzac Day making it a longer break than usual.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
387 Posts
Easter - no good for us due family commitments.

If it's mid winter, I might have a hard time getting the wife and kids out, but I'll be in. I got in the crap last time I took the family camping and it snowed on us... I thought it was important to adequately test out the new tent... 3-4 yrs on and I got reminded about it again when we were camping just last week... ohh, the memories! :twisted:

Perhaps this should have been two polls - one for time and one for location???

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
I just got back from the vic high country - started at myrtleford and ended up going thru Melbourne to Ballarat doing all the tracks up high until the toyotas broke and we had to go go home.

You Victorians have some very special countryside over there.. Dargo was very very busy on new years eve. Have fun!

·
Registered
387 Posts
What about 12-14 March? Mon 14th is Labour Day Public Holiday.

·
Registered
Nissan GUII 3L Patrol
388 Posts
I voted high country in June ....... but then thought to myself ..dont the DSE close a lot of those tracks around that time.

This would be my first patrol event ....woo hoo ...looking forward to meeting a few of you guys and checking out your trolls

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
I voted high country in June ....... but then thought to myself ..dont the DSE close a lot of those tracks around that time.

This would be my first patrol event ....woo hoo ...looking forward to meeting a few of you guys and checking out your trolls
That's the Queens Birthday weekend, everything closes after that. Mind you, it'll be pretty cold around there that time of year, so likely to be fairly quiet.

Also, any proposed sites, if that ends up being the place? Since SWMBO would be in Bali, I'd need a place that is deefa friendly.

Cheers

Ray

·
The Act of Faith
nissan patrol
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so at this stage we are looking at the high country over easter.............ok this is what we are going to do

List 10 places (either east or west high country) that you would like to go to over the easter break

once a general consensus is reached i'll put up another poll to decide on the final location.

i'll say now that because we in Vic are awesome, we're going to hold 2 over the course of the year

1 - 20 of 104 Posts