Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to replace my 1999 GU TI Patrol, has anyone heard if Nissan will bring out an update for 2011 in the current Y61 series, spoke to the local dealer but all he wanted to do was sign me up to a TI 550 Pathfinder at $87000.00. Not for me thanks. I have given up on a V6 Diesel Patrol so would be happy with a 3.Lt auto TI provided they have fixed any reliability issues. Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
Do a search mate, I haven't heard of many if any Common Rail ZD30s going pop. The are pretty decent now but not as kind on fuel as the DI.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am happy to go with the current 3lt but I was hoping for some improvements in power and or fuel consumption in the 2011 model. I have been putting up with high fuel costs in the 4.5 petrol for the last 11 years, filled up the other day at 1.40, first time over $200 with a long range tank. It’s been a great vehicle and very happy to stick with Nissan, will be sorry to see the old TI go. Been searching for a replacement but for value, size and off road ability I keep coming back to a GU. My ideal vehicle would be a GU with the V6 out of the new pathfinder but given the $10000 premium they are charging it would probably push the price up to high.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
I am happy to go with the current 3lt but I was hoping for some improvements in power and or fuel consumption in the 2011 model. I have been putting up with high fuel costs in the 4.5 petrol for the last 11 years, filled up the other day at 1.40, first time over $200 with a long range tank. It’s been a great vehicle and very happy to stick with Nissan, will be sorry to see the old TI go. Been searching for a replacement but for value, size and off road ability I keep coming back to a GU. My ideal vehicle would be a GU with the V6 out of the new pathfinder but given the $10000 premium they are charging it would probably push the price up to high.
Its already a pretty strung out engine pushing around 3ton I don't think it would handle any significant improvements and with the replacement engine being developed, all focus will be on that rather than improving a soon to be discontinued engine.

·
Registered
nissan
972 Posts
I remember there being rumours of a V6 Diesel back in 2002 and I was tossing up whether or not to wait. Glad I didn't. I think we'll grow old and drop off the tree before Nissan finally do a V6 Patrol. Just buy the CRD, you'll be very happy with it unless you spend your life towing a 3 ton van.

·
Registered
nissan
1,422 Posts
If they don't bring out a v6 diesel patrol next ute I'll be buying is the landcrusier v8 no way in hell I'll buy a 3lt just can't bring myself todo it doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
nissan
625 Posts
I have just bought a 2010 3lt auto ST wagon. I was hesitant with the engine specs when comparing against Navara's, Landcruiser and Jeeps and a test drive may the decision even harder. Jeep's diesel is a beauty, but the ride and build quality is a joke to say the best. An the Toyo is overpriced. So I went for the Patrol and added a 3" exhaust and chipit enhancement after only 1 month of ownership.

Well now I reckon my truck's performance is on par or better than my old Navara D40, with 10 times the offroad ability and comfort. Have not regretted the decision one little bit.

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
I have been putting up with high fuel costs in the 4.5 petrol for the last 11 years, filled up the other day at 1.40, first time over $200 with a long range tank.
Yes they have and you havent seen anything yet with fuel consumption untill you give one of them a blast. For the amount they use and the numbers they produce, they're far from impressive.

A new engine in the GU I would have thought, would only arrive after the new model is released.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
If they don't bring out a v6 diesel patrol next ute I'll be buying is the landcrusier v8 no way in hell I'll buy a 3lt just can't bring myself todo it doesn't seem right.
I was under the impression that it is a 3ltr V6 :D

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Was discussing fuel consumption with my work mate who has a CRD, he said gets around 760k's from main/sub tank, no mods, when i told him i get 900+ he was less than impressed, but it is quieter than my DI.
$85k for pathy, that alot of accessories for the patrol

·
Registered
nissan
2 Posts
I believe Nissan Patrol GU Series 8 will be availible end of February 2012 in Australia

I am told the only changes between 7 & 8 are VSC (Vehicle Stability Control), a Diff Lock, and some chrome rings around gauges and speedo.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,351 Posts
Heyhey any idea when the current 3ltr will be discontinued or when the next round of more stringent emission laws come into effect?

TI4500 if this is anytime soon it may be worth waiting. I can't see Nissan charging 10k more for the v6 if it becomes the only diesel available in the patrol.

Its already a pretty strung out engine pushing around 3ton I don't think it would handle any significant improvements and with the replacement engine being developed, all focus will be on that rather than improving a soon to be discontinued engine.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts