1 - 20 of 826 Posts

·
The Act of Faith
nissan patrol
2,648 Posts
It has been decided by me that the 2012 National meet up will be held here

Corner Country

5th-10th July 2012

Each state will be responsible for organising their own convoy to the location.

Members Responsible for Convoys
SA- TBA
Initial convoy document available for download here

NSW
-South/ACT- Accessaquatics
-Syd area-Toughnut
-North- jackd
Convoy document available for download here

VIC-heyhey/greeny_gu_ute

WA-Drillerboy

QLD- Deccers
SEQ document available for download here
Initial central Queensland document available for download here

Still looking for reps for NT, TAS

Itineraries for State Based convoys can be downloaded here*pdf, website safe from nasties*

Send me an E-mail if you would like to be part of the convoy plannning.

[email protected]

The current itinerary is as follows
4th July= Meet in Tiboburra, Register vehicles say hello etc etc.....
5th July= Travel to Camerons Corner (150 odd kms meet other forumites)
6th July= Camerons Corner to Innaminka (300kms big push to meet other forumites)
7th July= Innaminka to somewhere 1/2 way to Birdsville (possibly Cordillo Downs)
8th July= Travel the rest of the way to Birdsville
9th July= Birdsville to Big Red (about 150 kms) the big night planned (raffle drawn, Band playing etc)
10th July= Back to Birdsville to say goodbye

We are extremely lucky that T.V producer John McCredie has been confirmed to cover the the event for production to DVD.

The event is Family friendly and camper trailers are allowed, you don't even need a Patrol to come along

This event is primarily dedicated to raising funds for the RFDS, a monster rafle is being held with items to be announced soon.

To ensure a minimum donation and assist with the costs of filming the meet-up a fee will be payable.
Family deal
Family with 2 Adults and up to 2 Kids= $150
Extra Adult (Over 18 )= $50
Extra Kids (10 to 17yo)=$20
Kids under 10 free

Single Adult = $75 (Includes those who a family deal does not apply)

Further donations above the minimum will be accepted

Bank Details
Account Name: Ethan T Constantinou
BSB: 013 347
Acc no: 2634 9931 7

Please leave your Patrol4x4.com username or your name in the bank details, also either post in this thread pr PM me and i'll confirm.

This meet is looking to be the largest in the history of the forum, I hope to see you all there

·
The Act of Faith
nissan patrol
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Correct Mic

I assume everyone will have at least 3rd party insurance, it is a gray area being held on public property. However i do not think the need for a PL insurance scheme is necessary for this event.

I there are any musos willing to donate their time and PA gear for entertainment over the weekend that would be awesome.

Currently old.school.hero has put his hand up as the SA Rep

If you are interested in organising a convoy from your state or have ideas on what to do and where to go (Day trips etc) chime in

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
Currently old.school.hero has put his hand up as the SA Rep
I've put my hand up, but i want help to :)
my attendence is subject to change with out notice.

I've also done some research;
- its worth dropping in to see Bill at the Corner Pub.
- been advised to stay away from Wilcannia, apparently the locals arent very nice.
- been advised not to try the White Cliffs to Tibboburra road if its wet, its impassable + heavy fines if caught.
- worth a visit to the old Tibooburra Courthouse Museum (free entry), you can find information on tour drive guides, displays and road and weather condition updates are available also.
- it was suggested to stay at Fort Grey campground. DECCW | Sturt National Park - Camping - click the link for more info. apparently fires are not allowed though.
- viarety of things to do Corner Country, NSW, Accommodation, Tours, Events and Hire

map reference:
Regional Map

i was going to upload the map, but its not letting me.

once the old man gets home, ill have a look at mapping from Adelaide to Camerons corner. - he's the mapping guru! haha

some other things Ethan;
- as for PL insurance, i suggest we just make it an informal event.. and every one just "rocks up"
- how are these raffle going to happen? tickets? sponsorship etc?
- be good if we had some muso's about us, if not.. sure there will be a few guys with good stereos.

this is just an idea, you suggested doing a bit of a fund raiser for the RFDS, to make it less complicated, can we make it, the only condition of attending the event is a $20 donation, which 100% of all donations will go to RFDS.

and just a call out, theres quite a few members about, more imput would be good!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I could be up for the trip, i spoke to the wife and she sort of is coming around gives me a few months to convince her that it would be a good trip out and back and a few months to try and get the car to where i want it.

So at this stage me and the missus is a maybe.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
OSH has it there mate, don't see the point of that post.

I will be attending, we have been given sufficient notice for times and location, the problem is it may have peaked too early, remember to keep this thread going and hopefully it will either keep it fresh in peoples mind or evolve into something way awesome like a Borneo or N-S Africa trip :D Seriously, i think there is reason for this to evolve but it has to be constructive and I think the dates should be utilized. If someone can come up with a better location and why, there is enough time for it to be organized.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
817 Posts
im defenatly in for this and am happy to help organise a convoy and things from the west.
cheers
Rod

·
The Act of Faith
nissan patrol
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeh great idea lets go to qld where they has sum of the worst 4wd laws in australia. so it looks like anyone with a lift higher than 2" is out
You are fairly new to 4wding so calm yourself down and see that Corner Country encompasses 3 states so you won't have to go to QLD if you don't want to.

Roddo has put his hand up to be WA rep; good to see

Location and dates are FIRM and while it is early days (Well over a year) as i have said before it gives time for Forumites to prepare and plan for the "Informal Event"

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
OMG, the ball bearing 2.8 might actually be done by this meet :)

Insurance huh? nothings official just meeting of patrols that spontaneously happened.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
I'm interested in this. If I head 820kms exactly north from my place I'll get there in less than a tank. I hope the Border Track goes all the way to the corner :confused:.

I dont see any reason for needing public liability insurance. It's a group of individuals and families going on a trip and meeting up. Everyone should have their own normal insurance anyway.

·
If you drive a box you get box
1,115 Posts
i might have a long range tank and some other goodies in by then, so might be well worth a break from work and all that to come up :)

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
I agree, If there's some musos here on the forum, maybe they could play for shizngiggles rather than paying someone - then there's that part of insurance gone... if it's all informal, then no need for insurance. Everybody boot scoots (if that's your thing) moshes, or waltzes at their own risk...
Thats a good idea. I think it would cost everyone $500 just to get a bunch of muso's out in the middle of nowhere for a week rather than $500 for insurance (professional muso's would have their own P/L anyway)
BTW our club P/L through the association is only $17.50 p/a per membership.

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
if i go...

Berri, Mildura, Wenworth, Broken Hill, Tibooburra, Camersons Corner its 905kms eachway.

depending what way the SA guys wanna run!

·
Registered
nissan 3.0 td
51 Posts
Hi all new to the site but would love to come , we are heading that way this year in July for 6 weeks but would love a second trip

·
The Act of Faith
nissan patrol
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats a good idea. I think it would cost everyone $500 just to get a bunch of muso's out in the middle of nowhere for a week rather than $500 for insurance (professional muso's would have their own P/L anyway)
BTW our club P/L through the association is only $17.50 p/a per membership.
There has to be some blokes or shielas here that play music and have a PA set-up

Enough of the Insurance stuff, please :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
817 Posts
well i just figured out its a 4000km each way trip for us but well worth it.
think we will be taking a month off and doing some of the east coast while we are there.

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
For me it is 1441kms each way from Grafton/Stockyard Creek, NSW. I am up for it. Will give me time to add all the goob bits to the Troll. Count me in. Might even latch on with the Southern Qld Boys and Girls.

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
Count me in, hopefully I will have met a few people beforehand.
1200Km each way from Melbourne, nice easy drive. :)

1 - 20 of 826 Posts