Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol 2013
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,
New to this site so any help would be appreciated.
I purchased my patrol in September 2013 it has 36890ks on it now
and I checked the oil the other week and noticed that
There was very little left on the dip stick ! So I took it back
To my mechanic and he checked it out . We found that the
Intercooler pipes from the turbo are leaking oil and a considerable
Amount of oil onto the back of the rocker cover .
So I took it back to the dealership and was told it was normal
For the pipes to leak a little bit of oil . I said surely not that much oil
Is to go into the cooler.
Now Nissan are going to replace all the hoses that run to and from
The cooler and put a sealant around them to stop the leak !!!!!
I was also told that they are designed to use oil which I find hard to
Believe sounds like I'm in for a **** time with Nissan unless this is true ???

Has anyone else had this problem at all ???
Thanks in advance .

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
I know nothing about the CRD Patrols, but I can tell you this : Nissan will tell you anything off the top of their head in order to get out of any responsibility they may have, squirming weasels they are.

Stand your ground after planting the right foot.

Designed to use oil? You should have laughed in his face.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
"Intercooler pipes from the turbo are leaking oil" - do you mean the big air hoses? You can get some weep from where the rubber pipes meet the alloy intake/exhaust of the intercooler, this oil comes through the EGR system and builds up over time (this is why people block the EGR, to keep the crap out of the intake).

If there's enough to be dripping with only 36k on the odo, something is not right! No idea what that could be of course, but am wondering whether your EGR is staying open all the time, or longer than it should?

You're under warranty, don't let them weasel their way out of it.

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol 2013
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the oil in the morning before it got started . At first they thought it was the rocker cover gasket as it was too much oil for it to be the pipes .
Just have to keep on taking it back which is just crap for a new car but I'll have to play the game so to speak .

·
Registered
nissan
174 Posts
Hi I can confirm this is normal, not right in my opinion but normal my 2012 has 39000k's on it and does exactly the same
When I brought it up with Nissan they gave me an almost identical answer to what you were given less the its designed to use oil part
I can also say I had a V6 diesel Mercedes motor do the same thing and also my td4.2
I will be fitting a provent to mine shortly to get rid of the problem short of done it from new
I hate dealing with the Nissan service guys what they charge for servicing is a rip off but I keep going there so there can be no question about the service history for warranty, I also just purchased the Nissan extradrive/extratime warranty which gives me another 3yrs factory warranty

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
174 Posts
oil will normally pool on top of the motor on the cylinder closest to the firewall, and I would look around your turbo as well

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol 2013
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh the oil did pool up there , but NISSAN mechanics thought there was too much oil for it to be leaking from the pipes they tried telling me it could be the rocker cover gasket . And my reply was that oil no leaks upwards onto the top of the cover , bloody hopeless !!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts