Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all, I need some help please! I have a 2013 Y62 with 300,000km on the clock that I have just purchased from the auctions. It is running extremely rough at idle, when revving and when driving, also at idle the Tacho is reading under 0 RPM by about an inch and when revving, it will only go up to 3000rpm on the display, once at operating temp you can be driving and as soon as you go past a certain point of throttle input the car quickly shuts down to idle until you lift your foot up past that point and the revs jump up again, I have replaced all the spark plugs as was needed, the R/H bank plugs were all semi ok but all 4 of the L/H bank were totally black, with the car idling I started to isolate the L/H bank cylinders and one by one I removed the plugs off the coils, with ALL 4 plugs off the coils the car was running EXACTLY the same, I then swapped all 4 coils from the L/H/S to the R/H/S and this made no change either, I then removed the inlet manifold and removed the injectors, the nozzles were fairly gunked up with carbon so sent them off to be checked and cleaned, they found 7 of the 8 injectors jammed open so I replaced all 8 with new ones, looking down the ports, the backs of the valves have a fair build up of carbon Build up aswell, put it back together and the car is still running the same, I am going to remove the manifold again and make sure I have signals to the injectors which I should have done when it was off last time🤦‍♂️ It is starting to do my head in now and was just wondering if anyone has had any similar symptoms? hope someone can help🙏 Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
380 Posts
You need to scan it for codes... must be something logged if it's behaving like that.
What's the build date and serial number on the vehicle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts