Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
The Act of Faith
nissan patrol
2,650 Posts
2015 National Meetup, The Run for the border. Read this thread first.

Time for the mexicans to make a run for it

2015 National Meetup
SA/ VIC Border Track

It's that time again and it's been a long time coming and so it's South Australia's turn to get a National Meet that's not 1500kms away.

This will be a base camp style meetup

Dates: 24-29 Sep 2015

Pinaroo provides a nice central point for all of the Mallee/ border region.
be the Caravan Park in town.

The dates are an overlap of 3 states worth of school Holidays

Once again there will be a monster raffle; raising money for Beyond Blue

Booking in @ Pinnaroo Caravan Park
Our hosts for this event are the lovely people at the Pinnaroo Caravan Park, facilities Include

–Clean Amenities & Laundry
–Camp Kitchen
–Shady sites
–Rain water
–Roadhouse with petrol & take away food nearby
–Swimming pool adjacent
–Animal Park adjacent
–Close to tennis court, lawn bowls, pubs, shops etc
–Pets allowed on leash (I Like this one)

Prices are as follows:

Powered Site: $20/night

Un-powered site: $15/Night

How to Book:

Call Gina or Steve Brown on 08 8577 8618. Their kids might answer so be patient.
Tell them you would like to book X number of days for the Patrol4x4.com National Meetup at either an Un-powered site or Powered site.
They will ask for your forum Username; their booking list with usernames will provide me with a definite number of attendees.

Please be courteous to our hosts as you are not just representing yourself as a responsible 4WD owner but you represent the forum too.

Further Information can be found here

http://sa-parks.com.au/caravan_park/...o_Caravan_Park

Our location provides us with close access to the Mallee loop

I'll be asking that this thread be locked till the new dedicated section is updated (thanks geeyoutoo and oldmav)

·
The Act of Faith
nissan patrol
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This thread is to confirm your attendance for the 2015 National Meetup in Pinaroo

Please note further details will follow to book your spot at the Pinaroo caravan park

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
2015 Run for the Border Annual Meetup Chat - Q & A Thread

Here you go guy's a place for the chit chat and questions.

·
Registered
nissan
70 Posts
When/where is it?

Edit: Oh never mind - just saw this in my "new posts" feed - didn't realise there was a whole subforum for it! :loser:

·
Cruisin for a bruisin
1,732 Posts
Seems like a good one planned again. Good on you Ethan.

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,270 Posts
Well I'll be first again.

·
Cruisin for a bruisin
1,732 Posts
With another Brunswick right behind you mate. Looking good from Qld.

·
Cruisin for a bruisin
1,732 Posts
Be good if we can convoy down again Sim. I'll have Maree with me this trip and maybe Miles too, plus towing the trailer, but I think the Brunswick will keep up OK.

Across the western plains of NSW, Auto pilot on, 2 way tuned in and stereo playing the blues with good mates in the other vehicles. Sounds like a good trip to me.

Maybe we could 'blue' the trucks up for Beyond Blue for the trip.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Be good if we can convoy down again Sim. I'll have Maree with me this trip and maybe Miles too, plus towing the trailer, but I think the Brunswick will keep up OK.

Across the western plains of NSW, Auto pilot on, 2 way tuned in and stereo playing the blues with good mates in the other vehicles. Sounds like a good trip to me.

Maybe we could 'blue' the trucks up for Beyond Blue for the trip.
I can't lock in yet but the convoy down interests me as well if I do, Sim and I convoyed down to the 10th (I go past his place anyway).

·
Registered
nissan
1,429 Posts
Anyone going from North or wherever through Dubbo to the meetup had better pm me for somewhere to stay Leone and I are in the middle and its a long trip,the Sims know where we live and we have plenty of room for all and if the insurance company will stop faking us about we may have a car to come along with as well
Oscar

·
Registered
nissan
1,429 Posts
Hi Robert
If we havent got a car by then I might take you up on that
You know your invited to stay here on your way to the meetup but I thought it might have been just a little out of your way
Cheers Oscar
ps did you find your camp spot on the way home

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,270 Posts
Hi Robert
I thought it might have been just a little out of your way
Nahhh.. Just a small detour....

ps did you find your camp spot on the way home
Nahhh again... Pitch black, heading in the opposite direction to when I found it ten years ago and it was PI$$ING down all the way..

·
Cruisin for a bruisin
1,732 Posts
G'day Oscar and Leonie. Dubbo is direct in my path so no dramas picking you both up if you want a lift. The roof rack will be empty too so plenty of room for all your gear as well.

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,270 Posts
G'day Oscar and Leonie. Dubbo is direct in my path so no dramas picking you both up if you want a lift. The roof rack will be empty too so plenty of room for all your gear as well.
Be a sport..... Let 'em ride INSIDE the car... :)

·
Registered
nissan
1,429 Posts
Its ok Robert Leone & I are happy to be on the roof rack ( I will tell you a story about roof racking one day) as long as Ross is ok with the dogs being IN the car
cheers

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Yes lock me in , just noticed I'm the first Sth Stralian to confirm attendance

·
Cruisin for a bruisin
1,732 Posts
The Blue Convoy

G'day web wheelers. I'm thinking of giving my 'trol a dose of plastidip for the national meetup. Maybe a blue flame job? or maybe just blue up the wheels, or add blue wedding car type ribbons or maybe all of the above to raise awareness for beyond blue and the work that they do, and we are donating to, during the weekend? What do you think? Can we get a 'blue convoy to Pinnaroo from Brisbane?

I'm thinking of leaving on the Thursday the 24th of September with an overnight stop around Parkes/Forbes and doing the reverse on the Monday-Tuesday coming home. I'm looking at taking my camper trailer to this one for that additional comfort that official old farts require.

So let me know what you think.

·
Registered
nissan
1,429 Posts
Guaranteed good camping spots in Dubbo with facilities
Cheers Oscar

1 - 20 of 223 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.