Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was passed by a large 4WD covered in the random black and white squares colour scheme on the Westgate Freeway this evening. Took a while to register but it looked familiar. Just checked the pics thread and the taillights were definitely the same as the ME model. Rego was 1BX so a couple of months old. Covered in road grime (not mud) Too much traffic and I was too slow to realise what it was to get a pic unfortunately. Odd that Nissan felt the need to camo a Y62.

·
Registered
nissan
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure it wasn't an infinity?
May have been. Only noticed it as he came alongside. The headlights would have been a giveaway. Maybe that's why its camouflaged - even Infinity is embarrassed about how ugly the QX80 looks from the front!!

·
Registered
nissan
557 Posts
It's not that pretty from the back either

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
Spoke to my contact at Nissan.

They have dropped the ST-L
TI-L will rrp at $86990

Arrivals are imminent.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Dropped the st-l.... What a bloody joke!
If I didn't get my ti-l for the price I did that would have been my number one model to look at!!
Still don't think they will get em on the lot until all first gen are sold.
So maybe you may get a ti-l for a few grand less than rrp, I'm still happy :)

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
The only thing we can assume is that the Ti sells more than the ST-L. They've done their homework on the models and numbers.

I was wrong on the model they dropped but pretty much bang on the price. I think there will be overlap between the old 2013 models and updated 2015 ones on the showroom floor, except I would suspect the 2013 would drop even further with little room to move on the 15's until the old stock is all gone.

And then, they will be had for around the high 70s, low 80s Mark.

God knows what happens to resale with all these, very unfavourable I would imagine. But I'll do some number crunching but I think I'll have a crack at one.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
I actually highly highly doubt it and sounds like the stock standard sales line. I don't believe the price will move much if at all from the current ones they are going for. A $10g hike will mean they won't sell a single vehicle. In reality, they sell virtually none at the current price.
And yes, the rims look great, but being 20"s I can't see them getting here.
Since when where you right on price?!
Not tooting my trumpet but I was the one who mentioned the planned guesstimate pricing from a dealer when I was in the process of buying one. So in the end it was a rough 10k hike...

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
NO, it's not a 10g hike. You're getting sucked into somehow incorporating the RRP into the equation. It's a completely meaningless number and nothing more than a teaser to attract interest. In a saving or price rise it's 100% related to what it can be had for by the average joe during the week. How relative was the $100 thousand + RRP for the old model? No one ever saved $40grand because it was never remotely close to being worth that. You're assuming that there will be zero room to move on the new pricing. Maybe your right, but I highly doubt.

I still think I'm absolutely bang on target for getting the new update 2015 for exactly the same price they're moving at now.
I've never come close to paying the RRP for any new car I've bought and to chop $7g off for a mid 80s car is absolutely plausible. A VX can be had for low 90s and not a chance on earth will the TI-L compete in sales with that. It must be had for less than the GXL which is low 80s.

In reality, Nissan haven't slashed any prices at all. All they have done is now offer the new updated model to the public and dropped one of them.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Wtf are you on about!?
It IS a 10k hike from what they are currently selling at,ti-l
74k ish, new ones 87k.(not even sure if that's drive away) take off 3k ish for negotiating so your back to around 84k.

No one ever said you would pay rrp for a car and I doubt anyone would, but knocking off 7k when there are old stock around, well I doubt that!

I'm out, so il leave ya with it..

·
Registered
Nissan
14 Posts
So will the Ti sell for the current actual drive away price of the ST-L? Not bad value if it is close and much better spec than a GXL 200 series.

I thought the Ti would have been chopped and a few treats go to the ST-L spec.

I see the cummins V8 diesel is back on for discussion as a possibility after being written off early after the Titan release info.

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
Wtf are you on about!?
It IS a 10k hike from what they are currently selling at,ti-l
74k ish, new ones 87k.(not even sure if that's drive away) take off 3k ish for negotiating so your back to around 84k.
What am I on about....? You're trying to compare a sale price of an older model to the RRP of the new one and somehow thats a 10g hike? How's that work?

And I also doubt much of a discount while old models around, which is exactly what I said before

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
I heard from Arb that a diesel is coming next year.

Definitely hope it is true. Where thee it is the communist diesel or even the 3l diesel they used in the old part finder 550!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts

Definitely hope it is true. Where thee it is the communist diesel or even the 3l diesel they used in the old part finder 550!

That Renault v6 has been put in the scrap bin because of emissions, hence why not available in the new NP300. Besides, it would be a big under performer in a car of that size and in comparison to others.

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts

There can't be a diesel on the y62. Hugggy is right, the only diesel they could fit it one that makes 550nm or less, because that's what the trans can handle. So a 550nm diesel is only good for around 180kw, so it would be a slug (competitively) even if you reconfigured the 7 speed to make the first 4 ratios much closer, which you would have to do it you switched to a diesel with the very narrow power band diesels have. It would end up considerably slower than the 200 and it's a slug already.

To go for a 200kw plus v8 diesel would require a new 700nm+ trans and that would add weight, plus the extra engine weight, and the kerb weight of the 62 in TI-L form is already too high to be an 8 seater, it has to be pulled back to a 7 seater. So forget it and enjoy 400hp!

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
From my understanding, the cummins unit that's been discussed and currently used in the Titan, could be made to work as the Titan and y62 share the same chassis rails and platform. I'm not sure how heavy it is, but it couldn't be that hard to have it happen. A diesel y62 you would assume, would sell similar numbers to the 200 and weather it's worth the r&d for the profit im not sure. Clearly not at this point. I would be surprised if the auto couldn't handle decent output. There are plenty of 200s that have been suped up with easily 700+Nm and worked hard and I've never heard of their 6speed ever letting go.

·
Registered
nissan
569 Posts
So then.
Do I buy now. I can get a ti-L $75,000 drive away Brand new, but not many choices on colour though. 2012/2013. Or is it worth waiting for the new update?
I am only interested in the ti-L.

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
If the Aus 2016 62 looks the same as the Middle East version on the picture sharing thread, and if it's only 10k more then I personally would buy the updated version because I think it looks even better. I am thinking of trading up to be honest. As hugggy said earlier I think the early 62s could continue to depreciate at a huge rate, I would expect the later ones to hold their value better because they look more modern. But let's be real, as long as the 62 is petrol it's gonna depreciate big time. If this concerns you buy a cruiser.

Did some quick googling on the cummins v8 diesel. It's only 310 hp and 550 ish lb-ft, which from memory translates to 225kw and 750nm. Unless that has a close ratio 8 speed it's going to be a hell of a lot slower than the VK56 petrol v8, and the Titan is running a 6 speed so expect it to be a slug. Yes, people would buy it in huge numbers, but to save 2-4l/100ks there is no way I would be amongst them.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts