Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have juat got home to all the windows down on our 2020 series 5 patrol. No keys at home, no idea... Taken to Nissan, electrical fault?
Has anyone experienced this with any Y62??

·
Registered
nissan
1,154 Posts
Any chance the remote button was squashed/pressed/sat on, by accident ? , if you press and hold the unlock button on the remote for a few seconds, it will lower all the windows.

And no you can't put them up by remote.......even though some other Nissan models the windows work by remote "both" ways.......go figure ? :unsure:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a strange one as I was at work with my set of keys and hibby pulled up in the driveways with his key on the cars keys he was driving and they were down when he pulled up.

Verrry strange. Nissan have "reset and re-programmed" the window settings and "hope that should fix the problem.."

·
Registered
nissan
965 Posts
If your someone that keeps your keys in a pocket, or anywhere else that the buttons can be accidentally pressed, then this sort of thing is not uncommon. The most common for me is to set of the panic alarm, which is particularly annoying.

Reactions: joet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You would have to think you would have to be in proximity of the vehicle. Neither of us were home or within 30kms of the vehicle when windows went down..

·
Registered
nissan
965 Posts
Unless someone saw them go down how can you be sure? More than likely they went down while one of you was leaving.

·
Registered
nissan
2,197 Posts
Unless someone saw them go down how can you be sure? More than likely they went down while one of you was leaving.
For security reasons you would expect them to go back up within a certain time frame if a door wasn't opened.

·
Registered
nissan
965 Posts
For security reasons you would expect them to go back up within a certain time frame if a door wasn't opened.
You would think so, but it would probably violate some health and safety regulation. The only thing I'm really unhappy with on the Y62 is the accessory electronics. Nissan made some piss poor decisions, eg after you turn the ignition off you can't shut the windows, but for some reason the seat adjustments always work regardless. Would have been nice if they had provided an app to allow owners to set their own preferences, eg Turn off the GPS warning msg, disable the panic alarm and the window down feature on the remote, etc.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU
89 Posts
You would think so, but it would probably violate some health and safety regulation. The only thing I'm really unhappy with on the Y62 is the accessory electronics. Nissan made some piss poor decisions, eg after you turn the ignition off you can't shut the windows, but for some reason the seat adjustments always work regardless. Would have been nice if they had provided an app to allow owners to set their own preferences, eg Turn off the GPS warning msg, disable the panic alarm and the window down feature on the remote, etc.
This is something that bugs me too, especially in this day and age with advencement in electrocnics and apps. These cars are way behind compared with some other cars a fraction of their price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts