Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,300 Posts
I live in the VHC and would say the best and easiest place would be drys hut. There's easy access from Mansfield for shopping n supplies and it's close to alot of great tracks.
Apparently based in Mansfield there is/was a copper there who has defected modified 4wds.
Don't know how much was true and how much was rumour.
I don't go there.
You may know?

·
Registered
Nissan 2006 model ute
1,004 Posts
Apparently based in Mansfield there is/was a copper there who has defected modified 4wds.
I don't go there.
You may know?
There was a local cop who was very quick to throw out unroadworthy tickets . But for me that was a few years ago now . So can’t confirm how it is now . But I will say don’t speed between boonie Doon and Mansfield as they are red hot along there all the time

·
Registered
nissan
862 Posts
Just looking at leave applications and the dates would be Friday 30th April to Monday 3rd May 2021. Fly back from our deferred Kokoda walk on 27th, should be interesting, only 2500ks 😳

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
I don't go there.
You may know?
Pretty sure he/they are still there, if ready what Bird says and others.

Foo

Reactions: Millhouse88

·
Registered
96 GQ Patrol, TD4.2
12 Posts
Sounds like a great trip love the Vic high country👍

Rule number one avoid Mansfield and the main roads leading into Mansfield, the fun police will defect any modified 4wd, 20+ highway police for a town population of 3000.
Great town and great place to visit but not worth the hassle if you have more than a 2" lift.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,300 Posts
Sounds like a great trip love the Vic high country

Rule number one avoid Mansfield and the main roads leading into Mansfield, the fun police will defect any modified 4wd, 20+ highway police for a town population of 3000.
Great town and great place to visit but not worth the hassle if you have more than a 2" lift.
Thanks mate.
Sounds like a good place to avoid then.
Drop boxes and 3inch lift.

·
Registered
nissan
2,201 Posts
Personally I’d rather not stay at Dargo and I reckon that before deciding on a location that you’d be better locking in a date and seeing just how many people see camping in the van or tent as a deal breaker and would only go if there was hotel type accommodation available.
Talbotville would be the better camping option I reckon with the start of Billy Goat about 30mins away and Basalt about five and then Blue Rag after that, all would be must do tracks for first time visitors to the high country I reckon and don’t fall into the 'hectic vehicle damaging track' criteria.
I guess something to also consider is that you’ll quite likely have snow at that time of year, they have some there now so possible moving it to earlier in the year might be an idea too.
being so far away it’s probably too early for me to commit one way or the other.

Reactions: Marko_SJ

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
I haven't done any high country treks yet even tho I've been living in Melbourne for almost 3 yrs now, so will be interested depending on dates. Happy to camp if the family comes, or if it's only me, i'll swag it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can recommend Licola - they have camp ground with all facilities, good for tents, caravans & have cabins - right on the river & licensed general store. Beautiful spot, plenty of good tracks around. Less busy than Dargo. They would be happy to block out an area for club to use that has shelter & fire etc. Happy to help with arranging if required.

Re: Mansfield - would avoid at all costs - unless you want to get ticketed - cops there have serious sense of humour failure when it comes to anything less than stock standard 4WD & even then they'll try & find something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Potential Attendee List
Oscar & Leone with M & Moss.
Andrie & Declan
dkril
Qik60
geeyoutoo
Softy
Metric and Theresa
Huddy

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,689 Posts
Pretty sure he/they are still there, if ready what Bird says and others.
The MySwag meet was held in Mansfield at Easter 2017. He was all gloom and doom, but not 1 person got looked at.

Having said that, dung-boxes with tyres outside the guards are just asking to get canaried....

·
A Quiet One
nissan
449 Posts
There is always Eaglevale? Easier access than Talbotville, near Dargo, Billy Goats etc and plenty of other tracks. There is also a caravan park at the start of crooked river road.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
Meetup dates and location locked in, first post updated with latest information.

·
Registered
nissan
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
thank you

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,078 Posts
Potential Attendee List
Oscar & Leone with M & Moss.
Andrie & Declan
dkril
Qik60
geeyoutoo
Softy
Metric and Theresa
Huddy
GUzdute

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,821 Posts
Meetup dates and location locked in, first post updated with latest information.
Can you put that info at the start of both threads so people can easily access it?

21 - 40 of 82 Posts