Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the alternator off today since it doesnt work anymore.
According to the service manual there should be a hatch on the outside of the alternator that you can access the brushes from. Mine do not have that hatch, and it is very hard to put everything together again when those frikkin brushes are in the way for the splined pump axle.
Its a Hitachi with built in IC-regulator. Anybody else have the same alternator or do I have a odd one ?

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
It's european spec alternator(there are 3 types of euro spec 24V alternator, all have internal regulator built in, the are 25 and 35A versions, the difference is in the plugs).
It's very easy to dismantle and put everything together. There is a hole on the back side to insert a wire to stop brushes moving.
You can buy new replacement alternator for ~100 euro, i don't know where they make it, but works good.

·
Registered
nissan
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah. Then it became much easier, it is busted however.
Where can I get them for 100 euros ? The ones ive seen cost around 400-500 euros.

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
3,306 Posts
om allt skiter sig, och om du betalar porto, kan jag skicka en till dig fran Australien (jag har en liggande nagonstans du kan fa :))

above reads: if everything goes tits up, and you pay postage, I'll send you one from Oz (got one lying about somewhere)

Gotta help out a fellow Scandinavian ;)

·
Registered
nissan
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, nice =)
If all else fails what would it cost to send a package from Oz to sweden then ?
I'm going to thailand on friday so it will have to wait till I get back and have loads of cash again ;)
What are you doing in australia ? ;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
3,306 Posts
I'll have to go down and weigh the alternator and get a quote for ya, will get to it over the next week (seeing how you are in Thailand and I'm on holidays too :))

Been here since 2005, wanted to live in a place that has warm weather, nice people and a massive surface to camp, explore and have fun on :) I love it here, AUSTRALIA IS THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD! :D (at least that's my opinion) Anyone else gonna party hard for Australia Day :victory::cheers:

·
Registered
nissan
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Both my two cousins and my little sister have been on a year long trip to Australia, so I'll have to go as well to see what all the fuss is about =) Ive heard that you can get deep fried mars bars at like mcdonalds ;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
3,306 Posts
Ive heard that you can get deep fried mars bars at like mcdonalds ;)
sorry to disappoint ya mate, but I've personally never seen that! however, you can get it in some of the Chip-Shops (where you buy your fish and chips) :coffeeti:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts