Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq safari swb td42
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all, I'm chasing a workshop manual for a 24v safari mainly after the electrical section as I have a good spark when connecting up second battery and cost 200 every few months in battery's, I have a kill switch for the inverter but still something is draining the battery, any advise would be handy,

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Look up .... look way up.... ;) Y60kuro was kind enough to share all the Safari electrics. They are in a sticky at the top of the Safari Section.

You say you have an inverter. Is it a 12V to 110/220V inverter? Or is it a voltage step down converter 24V-12V? If you have a 12V inverter drawing off of one battery, it will kill the other battery all the time.

One tool that is nice to have is an amp meter which can plug into the fuse slot. It enables you to quickly isolate which circuits are drawing power when they should not be drawing power. If you find one drawing amps while the engine is off and it is not for the clock or the radio, then you have isolated the circuit you need to check. If you find nothing on the stock wiring, then check any aftermarket wiring circuits you may have on your rig.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,781 Posts
I'll bet you are tapping 12 volts off the low side (left hand battery)! This is what's ruining your batteries.

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,781 Posts
Spark when connecting second high side battery is normal. 24 volts not 12.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts