Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan y62
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I have a spare set of factory alloys and going to put some mud terrains on them. What size do you think I should put on?
They are only going to be put on the car for 4wd weekends in the Vic high country.
P.s May need to install chains as well

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
134 Posts
Go with the 295's. I put a set of General Grabber SLR's on which are a very aggressive set of AT. I do the high country in them and shop around the city on the week day. I am most impressed with them.

·
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower
nissan
981 Posts
Go with the 295's. I put a set of General Grabber SLR's on which are a very aggressive set of AT. I do the high country in them and shop around the city on the week day. I am most impressed with them.
Whitetruck, how do you go with the 295's in the spare wheel well, do you have to deflate it to get it to fit or does it fit at road pressures

·
Registered
Nissan
67 Posts
Whitetruck, how do you go with the 295's in the spare wheel well, do you have to deflate it to get it to fit or does it fit at road pressures
I have a 305/55/r20 in the spare wheel well fully inflated. Should be fine.

·
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower
nissan
981 Posts
I have a 305/55/r20 in the spare wheel well fully inflated. Should be fine.
Stig, thanks for the info greatly appreciated. Going by 1010tires website your tyres are only 33.21in/843.50mm, the original tyres are 32.61in/828.20mm, but the 295's are 34.26in/870.20mm so are 42mm bigger in diameter than originals, and having a look under the back there doesn't seem to be that much room. Might just have to take the patrol to the tyre mob and see what fits under there!!

·
Registered
nissan y62
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stig, thanks for the info greatly appreciated. Going by 1010tires website your tyres are only 33.21in/843.50mm, the original tyres are 32.61in/828.20mm, but the 295's are 34.26in/870.20mm so are 42mm bigger in diameter than originals, and having a look under the back there doesn't seem to be that much room. Might just have to take the patrol to the tyre mob and see what fits under there!!
Thanks Mate, Let us know how you go. I don't want to get trapped with 295's on original rims and them hitting inside the guards

·
nissan patrol
501 Posts
Thanks Mate, Let us know how you go. I don't want to get trapped with 295's on original rims and them hitting inside the guards
AMEN

looking forward to your reply

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
my 35x12.5r17 spare fits in the standard location deflated. a bit of wiggling and kicking to get it in there but all tucked up nicely.

·
Registered
nissan
78 Posts
Can you get a 295 on a stock rim and still clear the upper arm?

Wranga reported in the other thread that he only had 5mm clearance with a 295 on a +30 18" rim. Stock rims are +40 offset, meaning 10mm closer to the upper arm. I'd be interested to hear how you go.

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
Can you get a 295 on a stock rim and still clear the upper arm?

Wranga reported in the other thread that he only had 5mm clearance with a 295 on a +30 18" rim. Stock rims are +40 offset, meaning 10mm closer to the upper arm. I'd be interested to hear how you go.
You mean 10mm further from the upper arm.

Increasing offset moves the wheel inboard.

Decreasing moves it outboard.

Reactions: Converted

·
Registered
nissan
78 Posts
You mean 10mm further from the upper arm.

Increasing offset moves the wheel inboard.

Decreasing moves it outboard.
Like you say negative offset moves the wheels away from the car. Positive moves them closer. Which is what I was trying to say. The stock wheels at +40 are 10mm closer to the arm than Wrangas +30 rims. Which could present a problem given Wranga only has 5mm clearance with his 295s, despite being 10mm further out than the stock rims.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts