Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is no big deal but last 2 times changing oil have been given the wrong Sump Plug Washer, too bloody small, told the repco person looked too small his response "thats what is listed" I know its only $1 washer but does anyone know where to get the right one for next change. Maybe Nissan.
Can't go down and replace it when oil drained already.

·
ZD30 Out - L77 In!
nissan patrol
3,346 Posts
Hi Shane,

Get yourself one of THESE and never worry about removing sump plugs or replacing plug washers again.

·
Registered
757 Posts
there must be a couple of different size sump plugs for the 3 litre as we had the same problem when servicing my dad 04 Patrol.
He purchased all the service items from Nissan (including new sump plug gasket) and it was too small when we tried to install it. Luck we had another vehicle handy and they finally gave us the correct size.

·
Registered
44 Posts
They're only a couple of bucks each from Nissan, I bought a heap so I don't have to go down every service. The Nissan ones look like they really aren't reuseable at all though so I'll have to change it every time. The one I had previousley was just a solid aluminium washer and lasted several services... Might have to try to get another one of the aluminium style ones.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chaz, do you one of those, be good but if someone saw it in there how easy would it be for some bastard to drain the oil.

FYI- comment at bottom of page
** NISSAN PATROL GQ/GU
If you use a 22mm spanner to undo your sump plug you need F-102
If you use a 14mm spanner to undo your sump plug you need F-103

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Hi Shane,

Get yourself one of THESE and never worry about removing sump plugs or replacing plug washers again.

This was suggested in another thread.
Most, like me, weren't happy with it.

·
ZD30 Out - L77 In!
nissan patrol
3,346 Posts
Chaz, do you one of those, be good but if someone saw it in there how easy would it be for some bastard to drain the oil.

** NISSAN PATROL GQ/GU
Yeh, I’ve been using one for a while, but I secure the tap with a hose clamp, so it’s not just a case of opening the tap, but a screwdriver is needed to undo the clamp first.

I haven’t had any problems with it yet and yes there are 2 different size sump plugs for the ZD30.

·
Registered
nissan
291 Posts
the new sullair compressors come out with those sump drain taps from the factory (john deere engines) they work a treat!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
3 litre only has one sump size sump plug washer. It is the bigger of the two main ones Nissan use.
If a dealer sells you the wrong one he is a numbnuts.
If Repco sell you the wrong one it happens as the listings are sometimes crappy.

·
ZD30 Out - L77 In!
nissan patrol
3,346 Posts
3 litre only has one sump size sump plug washer. It is the bigger of the two main ones Nissan use.
If a dealer sells you the wrong one he is a numbnuts.
If Repco sell you the wrong one it happens as the listings are sometimes crappy.
Thanks Garry, in that case it must be the 2.8 that uses the smaller one. Fumoto listed two sizes for the 2.8 and 3.0, so I assumed they were both for the ZD, my bad.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
for 22mm size i find the hydraulic pipe cooper washers fit nicely and are a common size.

·
Registered
161 Posts

** NISSAN PATROL GQ/GU
Shane
I used one of those like chaz but did'nt use the hose clamp did'nt have any problems with it and they can save a hell of alot of mess when doing oil changes, worth the $36.
Cheers hunter

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shane
I used one of those like chaz but did'nt use the hose clamp did'nt have any problems with it and they can save a hell of alot of mess when doing oil changes, worth the $36.
Cheers hunter
I agree that that would help, regardless what i do always end up with oil everywhere, especially when did it the other day wind was blowing it everywhere.
Got the oil and fuel filter down pat thanks to help from the forum.
Might get one to put on next change.

·
Registered
2011 GU 7 ST Wagon
46 Posts
Yeh, I’ve been using one for a while, but I secure the tap with a hose clamp, so it’s not just a case of opening the tap, but a screwdriver is needed to undo the clamp first.

I haven’t had any problems with it yet and yes there are 2 different size sump plugs for the ZD30.
Chaz, Did you have to use the washer as well with this drain valve?
From the description, it doesn't say I need one.
Thanks in advance!
Daniel.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Just in case Chaz doesn't chime in, I have a Fumoto valve, basically the same, had it for eons now, makes life a bit easier, I did install a genuine washer when I fitted it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts