Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who and how much are aftermarket larger radiators for the 3.0l patrol....

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
PWR $1300. (for a manual) dunno on auto

I have one, ZD30/RD28ETI are interchaneable

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Although there was a thread a while ago regardin putting a commonwhore radiator in a patrol
Theres no way id ever do it
HP motor output in one car has nothing at all to do with radiators between makes,brand,models

Ring natrad if ya want a standard style (why do you need a heavy duty radiator ???)
Or if ya need a heavy duty radiator PWR or Aussie desert cooler

Theres absolutely plenty of threads regarding heating,running hot and radiator issues

·
Registered
nissan patrol
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So are you happy with yur PWR unit?

Ive tried almost everything and the thing still gets warm 110degrees so trying something else

I just love spending money.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep 110 on ECUtalk and Egts nothing over 500

I know something wrong but myself and mechanic cant think of anything else....we have replaced and changed nearly everything.....MAF, coolant sensor, hoses water pump radiator cap thermostats etc

Doesnt loose water. no oil in water, no co2 in water, no water in oil...............

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
make sure you have the correct thermostat as i have found that the thermostat that tridon says is for the td42 is incorrect

·
Registered
nissan patrol
104 Posts
what would be the hottest it should get pulling a big load up a big hill. I have had a couple of diesels that punch up to 100 easy and one that would go to 110 on the scan gauge then the main gauge would move. just interested to know when I should start to be worried

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
When was the last time the radiator was properly cleaned out ???

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
When was the last time the radiator was properly cleaned out ???
Yep, good question - have you physically removed the radiator and washed out the fins? you can only get to around 1/3rd with a hose while its fitted to the car.

Its common for people to say they have cleaned the radiator by hose when they havent really. Just **** design in a way.

FWIW, buying a bigger radiator is only going to hide the real issue which may not result in the ending you hope for.

YMMV

·
Registered
nissan patrol
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Radiator was pulled out and cleaned inside and out about three weeks ago.....same result.....

I know the bigger radiator is prob not the answer but ive been searching for the right answer for so f....... long

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Yep 110 on ECUtalk and Egts nothing over 500

I know something wrong but myself and mechanic cant think of anything else....we have replaced and changed nearly everything.....MAF, coolant sensor, hoses water pump radiator cap thermostats etc

Doesnt loose water. no oil in water, no co2 in water, no water in oil...............

About the one thing the ZD30's are good for is not overheating... that factory radiator is HUGE so replacing the Rad on spec would be a last resort if it has already been pulled out and cleaned and the A/C fins cleaned.

I assume the instrument cluster temp gauge is reading hot as well? IE it isn't the ECU reading that is out?

what would be the hottest it should get pulling a big load up a big hill. I have had a couple of diesels that punch up to 100 easy and one that would go to 110 on the scan gauge then the main gauge would move. just interested to know when I should start to be worried
FWIW I noted the following on mine...

45 Degrees ambient (outback WA) towing 1200 KG, A/C running. Whenever the hills got steep the Scangauge temp would start to rise from around 100/102 and as it went past about 107 on the Scangauge the dash temp gauge needle would start to move.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Only started throwing money at it getting gauges and ECUtalk etc coz the original gauge said it was hot but then was informed that those gauges are ****e so got the ECUtalk to confirm....also replaced coolant temp sensor to eliminate that.

Got a feeling a V8 diesel is coming......

·
Registered
nissan
975 Posts
I was playing in soft sand last weekend and I didn't see the ECUtalk reading go over 90. Must be something pretty wrong to get to 110!

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
I was playing in soft sand last weekend and I didn't see the ECUtalk reading go over 90. Must be something pretty wrong to get to 110!
Well, the CRD's supposedly run hotter than the Di's but yeah I agree something is wrong. I've never seen mine past 100 till I'm towing on damn hot days

·
Registered
nissan patrol
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Guys but i know there is something wrong.....but what?

Hey Jezza...who in Perth do you get to service and look after your rig? and who did your exhaust....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts