Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, a question for any of you who have a 3.0l manual, what RPM are you at when sitting on 100kph in 5th ? I have the auto and was wondering what the difference was, if any.
Cheers.

·
Registered
Nissan
253 Posts
i'll check on the way home. i think it was around 2500 or so, but i cant remember if its at that revs at 100 or 110kms i'll post up later

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,613 Posts

·
Banned
nissan
261 Posts
my auto does 2250 at 100km/hr 265 75 17, TC locked, when I drove my old mans manual, I really noticed the different revs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm asking as i was thinking of converting to a manual box but i dont want any extra revs at cruising speed on the highway as the old 3.0l has been dumped in favour of a LS2 6.0L and higher revs will almost certainly hurt my fuel consumption ! I think i may need to consider changing the diff ratios also if i go down this path. Am i correct in thinking the auto and manual have the same diff ratios ?

·
Registered
nissan
688 Posts
Can't you put in a T56 6-speed with the LS2 and change the diff gears to 3.9 or shorter?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
972 Posts
There's quite a big difference between fourth in the Auto and fifth in the manual. You'll get quite a few more revs with the manual. Why would you want to change anyway? The Auto is superior in every way, even more so with a big lazy V8.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts