Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Has anyone with a chip fitted to there 3.0lt had any issues with the diesel pump failing??
Story I have a 05 Patrol 3.0lt and have gone through, now, it's third pump removal and 2 new pumps....yes do the $$$ maths.
It played up 5wks after the 2nd pump fitted pulled out but couldn't see any fault/s only to say "maybe the chip".
Now no names no slander, the chip (inc 3" exh) is a very well known brand the diesel company working on it is very well known and highly recommended, they are puzzled as well, so I'm happy with the package so far.
The first two I've paid for the 3rd is going under the "warrantee" banner so $4900 happier.

Anyway guys and girls ummmmm has anyone else got some horror story's????

PS chip disconnected until we come up with some clearer direction.

Thanks in advance for anyone who looks or comments. cheers Paul.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
Welcome to the forum under bad circumstances. Have moved you into the 3L DI section. Mate I'm not aware of chips destroying pumps, destroying engines through overfueling, yes, but not themselves. We do have some very good VP44 "experts on the forum and there are some articles on the VP44 and common problems in our archives (top of the DI section page).

It really sounds like a fitting issue, the way I read it the pump failed (how many k's and what killed it) then a new one was fitted and failed 5 weeks later, PM me the name of the company, I'll keep it to myself, but I'll let you know if there has been other issues with them.

·
Registered
nissan
613 Posts
I've got a chip fitted to my 05 and havnt had any problems (NADS, IC, Chip, 3" zorst) its been there a couple of years.

I originaly had a chip that just plugged in the IP harness, but it got swapped when a newer one came out, this one is now patched on the Spill Valve??, and MAP sensor..

·
Registered
778 Posts
How is the chip wired up to the vehicle and pump. If its on the spill valve wire, then they can cause issues. What was wrong with the other 2 pumps?

Andy

·
Registered
nissan patrol
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys for a late reply.
First pump fail due to wear-198000 on the clock so I did the injectors as well. 2nd pump failed due to dirty fuel in a bad location, I had a look in the Sub tank and there was watery sludge in it, I'm very a**l with my fuel and rotate the Sub tank often...anyway 2nd pump dirty fuel. 3rd pump we are not sure, they did admit when they pulled it out they didn't bench test it, both tanks out again to check and all was clean. They are not blaming the Chip but they just said "mate we don't know, just get the. Chip checked to make sure". So the Chip has gone back to check the readings.
Once again sorry for late reply and thanks for the comments or stopping by for a read.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
735 Posts
Horror story

Hi all.
Has anyone with a chip fitted to there 3.0lt had any issues with the diesel pump failing??
Story I have a 05 Patrol 3.0lt and have gone through, now, it's third pump removal and 2 new pumps....yes do the $$$ maths.
It played up 5wks after the 2nd pump fitted pulled out but couldn't see any fault/s only to say "maybe the chip".
Now no names no slander, the chip (inc 3" exh) is a very well known brand the diesel company working on it is very well known and highly recommended, they are puzzled as well, so I'm happy with the package so far.
The first two I've paid for the 3rd is going under the "warrantee" banner so $4900 happier.

Anyway guys and girls ummmmm has anyone else got some horror story's????

PS chip disconnected until we come up with some clearer direction.

Thanks in advance for anyone who looks or comments. cheers Paul.
Hi Paul,
Welcome to the forum ........ don't get too upset with your Patrol
Have a squiz at this poor JEEP owner
$49 000 Jeep Cherokee 2010 NO Reserve Destroy MY Jeep YOU'RE Buying THE Wreck in Maroochydore, QLD | eBay

Cheers

PS I've had a chip on my 2004 ZD30 since 2005 with no prob's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts