Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should i stay with a 3'' or 4 or 5?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
With all the pages of information supplied, I'd say you should go to at least a 8inch lift kit.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aha 7 would probably be the mot i would go, what is legal these days

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
i think 4 is good its enough to play but not over the top to attract to much attention from cops

im in Qld running 4 inch lift and (touch wood here) not been hassled about my lift yet and in Qld 2 inch is the legal limit for lifts apparently

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
15mm max tyre size over maximum optioned on the model in QLD
2 " springs OK in QLD
2" body has to be approved in QLD

Depends what state your from,there all bloody different

·
Registered
nissan
205 Posts
Ive got about a 4-5 inch lift in mine.

If I had to do it again, A smaller suspension lift with some flexi coils, and a mild body lift would work just as good for most tracks.

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
I was going to get 3" ever since I got my troll but came across a used 4" with everything and glad I did. It doesnt stand out any more than usual but performs very well off road.

·
Registered
nissan
496 Posts
If your going 3" to save money i wouldnt bother, go all out ex. panhards, drop boxes so on or stay with 2" i reckon. 4" is best height without standing out to cops and flex's great with both 35's & 33's looking fine.

·
Registered
241 Posts
With all the pages of information supplied, I'd say you should go to at least a 8inch lift kit.
LOOOOOOOOOOOL Depends on what your doing with your truck. If your gonna drive it on the road all the time (daily driver) and go out for a wheel time to time, id say 3". If you have a 2nd vehicle for alot of the road duties, then maybe go for 4" - 5".

I have a 2nd vehicle and don't drive my truck a great deal on the road, only occasionally and to get to tracks or do trips etc.. Anything over 4" lift in a wagon makes your center gravity play games, you will find it will be "a lot" easier to roll it.

My 2 cents worth... :p

·
Registered
nissan
57 Posts
theres not going to be a place where you NEED 4 inch if you have 3, for that minor height of an inch its not really worth the cost,

go with 35's and a 3 inch lift. my shorty with a 3 inch went more places then my mates gq wagon with a 6 inch kit so speaks for itself. and if you want flex speak to shane from sus stuff and get some ultra flexy coils . simple.

x2 monsta.

edit: its not all about how high you can lift your car.. still needs to be practical , unlike most young hilux drivers who lift it "coz it looks fully sik mate" as they'd say. thats not what its about.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
theres not going to be a place where you NEED 4 inch if you have 3, for that minor height of an inch its not really worth the cost,

go with 35's and a 3 inch lift. my shorty with a 3 inch went more places then my mates gq wagon with a 6 inch kit so speaks for itself. and if you want flex speak to shane from sus stuff and get some ultra flexy coils . simple.

x2 monsta.

edit: its not all about how high you can lift your car.. still needs to be practical , unlike most young hilux drivers who lift it "coz it looks fully sik mate" as they'd say. thats not what its about.
Best post of the year.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have 3" and I think it's great plus you don't have to change everything underneath although I did go drop boxes for castor. 1 vote 3 inch

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Actually, that lift is convenient. No need for a tent, awning, garage etc! It's all there!

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts

but on another note 5" does look bloody tuff, just dont turn sharp.
Do you think it's got castor correction??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts