Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol 2.8L
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Nissan Patrol 2.8L and am about to put a 3" exhaust system on her. I am wondering if I buy the kit online and have it delivered is it pretty straight forward to install? I have access to a car lift, so I can get under. Is there any welding involved in installation or is it a nuts and bolds kind of job?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
61 Posts
Should be in the product description if its DIY friendly (ie bolted together). I bought a Scotts Rods 3" exhaust that was just flanges bolted together. Also see if there is a bung for EGT probe already welded if you plan on fitting an EGT gauge in the future. What brand are you thinking of ordering?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Good idea to make allowance for the EGT bung, 1/4"BSP usually, costs next to nothing to add if the system you buy doesn't have it. If it doesn't get it fitted about 50mm from the turbo flange.

·
Registered
nissan
347 Posts
And rubbers!

no , I mean allow for some new rubber mounts , as usually the old ones are toast , or dont
quite fit right.
I binned my old ones , and bought these at supercrapper auto, yep dunnydore ones, and finished off with some 10mm bolts , bend at 90 , degrees, with a washer tacked in place under the pillow blocks on the upright bit., think they turned out good.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
498 Posts
my ebay special came with all gaskets, nuts, bolts and new rubbers. Bargain. Easy fit with no welding other that fitting EGT bung

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
3,946 Posts
Mate give these guys a ring Factory Direct 4x4 Exhausts

They have made all of Redback's exhaust systems for the last 10 years or there abouts. The quality is top notch and really good pricing for an aussie made system.

Just do some reading on Scotts Rods and other cheap systems and how many days/weeks/dollars go into actually making the system fit once you buy it. Saving $300 up front and costing you alot more in the long run is a bad investment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts