Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone could give me some thoughts about adding a 3" exhaust to my 3ltr auto turbo crd 2007 GU patrol. Also, I was wondering what fuel economy comparible vehicles are getting. I get 16/100 around town and 20/100 with 2300kg Van in tow.
Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Firstly welcome to the forum.

Secondly check out the search function and you will find plenty of threads and experience regarding 3 inch exhausts on all Patrol engines.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Hi Guys,
I was hoping someone could give me some thoughts about adding a 3" exhaust to my 3ltr auto turbo crd 2007 GU patrol. Also, I was wondering what fuel economy comparible vehicles are getting. I get 16/100 around town and 20/100 with 2300kg Van in tow.
That is what I was getting also but even worse with the van on. Since the 3" system, EGR Block and now the Chipit chip I am getting a lot, lot better now with a pile more power.
Am stoked with my CRD now :D. Start with the 3" exhaust and Egr Blockoff. Then add chipit chip to make it stand up and really go.

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bradm, have heard some negatives about blocking the EGR though what advice did you get on this? I think I will definately do the 3" & see what happens.

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
have heard some negatives about blocking the EGR though what advice did you get on this?
No negatives on my 2008 CRD or 2008 D22 CRD. Once you fit a good chip you will get the full benefit of the 3" system. Get a scanguage before the EGR job. They are worth their weight in gold, sorry amber colored liquid.

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can get a 3" exhaust fitted in Newcastle NSW

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Scott Rodds can ship you a 3" MB system. He shipped one to me in Karratha WA from Ipswich Qld. They are easy enough to fit yourself if you have a bit of mechanical knowledge and a Deep Socket Set.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
How much should I expect to pay for a 3" exhaust system including dump pipe?

Gday mate, mine is going in next week, i was quoted $960 fitted and thats with a dump pipe and a screw tapped on for my pyro. Hope that helps

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fitted 3" exhaust last week , wow...what a difference.....might hang off on chipping it for a while & see how it goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts