Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all from the rain sodden sunshine coast. Being a mechanical idiot can anyone explain to me in laymans terms the benefits of a 3 inch exhaust are there any I am considering getting it done I have a 3.0 gu4 with a snorkel . Also what Is a good reliable company to do it in bris north . Thanks

·
Registered
nissan
326 Posts
g'day Dan,

amms/ roo systems quoted me, 3" mandrel exhaust mild steel $1000.00 fitted for my gu4.

a popular option is a scotts rod exhaust system, they are based at ipswitch, but you could buy one and fit it yourself at home, save some money...kinda thinking of this option myself actually.

are you just loving this rain!

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
shop around theres a place in Perth did mine mandrel bent for under $500.

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,061 Posts
Definitely buy a kit and install it yourself and the money you save put towards a boost gauge. Just becareful of the dreaded heat shield. It's a s$#t the first time you do it. Lol:evil:

Did mine not long ago with 2 3/4 and found it was a lot smoother through gears and more responsive. Exhaust gas temps lower aswell . Big big plus.

·
Registered
nissan
448 Posts
I just put a 3" system on my 2.8 and it made it so much better to drive, revs smoother, more torque, starts to pull from earlier in the rev range. went up from 8psi to 9. definately the best mod I have done. Mine was 800 including install. I would assume that this would all apply to the 3.0L aswell

·
Registered
Nissan
417 Posts
Did mine not long ago with 2 3/4 and found it was a lot smoother through gears and more responsive. Exhaust gas temps lower aswell . Big big plus.
I couldn't agree more, even then just a 3" exhaust is not enough to get the td42 to perform acceptably. Look at EGR block off, air box flow upgrades, and retune the pump to match and then you can actuall be in High 4, and let the clutch out in compromising situation like hill start and not stall on take off...!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts