Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... all done, took me around 4 hours with very little fuss and only a few course words.
overall very happy with the system,good quality build,the bottom stud in the dump pipe was a pain the proverbial to tighten but with a cut down allen key and some imagination got it sussed. Only niggle is that there aint much clearance between the tailpipe and shocky,the larger shock from being lifted probably wouldn't help. I've got about 6mm to 10mm between pipe and upper shroud of shocky and pipe is hard up against the factory tie down point. Gonna take a butane torch and some leverage to try and improve on that. Other than that all brackets etc lined up well. Just waiting till tomoro morning to start her up and give her try ... doin the 24hour battery reset thingy ATM. :)
I'll post the verdict.

·
Registered
nissan partol GQ
915 Posts
I done mine a few days ago in my GQ, you'll love it. Definitely feels an improvement in performance and the sound is awesome, makes the 2.8 sound like a beast

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
... and the verdict is Yeah Baby Yeah ... definately more get up and go off the mark and a nice exhaust note to boot. Gonna go remove the stereo now because the turbo whistle is all the music I need. :)

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
He does do good 3" exhausts for the price.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
I booked mine in today rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr whistle

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
I booked mine in today rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr whistle
Have you fitted your gauges, best doing that before the exhaust so they could do the Egt fitting at the same time. Or are you sending back when gauges are fitted.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Ill do gauges 1st. I spoke to a female there today on the phone, who incidentally is very knowledgeable in the field of exhausts and dump pipes and ceramic coatings and pyros etc.. i was kinda impressed.

·
Registered
nissan
35 Posts
had mine fitted for about 12 months, very happy, but would suggest painting with high temp paint mines gone fairly rusty

·
Registered
nissan patrol
9 Posts
got a nice package this arvo, looks like i have a job for the weekend:D

most of the pipe was painted, but some is bare and some has some surface rust. so i promptly threw some rust converter at it and gave it a healthy coat of engine enamal heatproof silver. Will get pyro probe fitting welded in tomorrow ready for installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Just fitted mine no dramas took about 4 hours and not too much swearing.
The 4.2 is alot more responsive and the sounds are just music to my ears.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
remove the muffler and then you will know what a turbo whistle is!!!!!!
LOL maybe once SWMBO calms down ... apparently I said you won't notice the difference to the factory one. pffft .. don't remember that :D

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What's the result man?
Do it ... definately not disappointed. a lot more driveable, I've only done 1 trip to site and back so far but already noticed I've gained 30km's to top half of main tank ( 350 compared to 320 ).

1 - 20 of 47 Posts