Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi - I'm on a roll posting our Patrol products.
Here's the info on the next Patrol exhaust - the 3L WAGON...
NEW PRICES NOW UPDATED

THE "SETGU-2" BY GENIE

OVERVIEW - 3" STAINLESS PERFORMANCE EXHAUST
GU PATROL 3L TD ZD30 4X4 WAGON 2000+

• More power & torque.
  • Better fuel efficiency.
  • Heavy duty - more durable.
  • Easy DIY fit – no hoist needed.
  • Better towing.
  • Better clearances.
  • Tough sound – deeper and throatier.
  • Longer lasting – won’t rust out.

Pictured is the SETGU-2.

The GU 3L exhaust is one of our most popular performance exhaust upgrades, this 3" stainless performance exhaust system delivers guaranteed power gains. What's significant is you get the power gains in the power band where you need it most - for towing and touring. Not just at peak revs.

Who's the toughest?
The short answer: ... Genie's 5-Star Guarantee, with a 5-year 'won't break' warranty and money back guarantees, unmatched in the industry - shows we are pretty confident.
The long answer: ... The list is extensive so I will write another post just about that (coming soon). Suffice to say that we would be foolish to put our 5-Star Guarantee on our systems if they weren't the toughest.

What's the quality?
We're passionate about making the finest quality 4x4 systems in the market. This system is made from 3" 409 grade stainless which is mandrel bent. 409 stainless is the best material for a 4x4 exhaust - that's why it also used for OEM exhausts all around the world. The dump pipe can have an optional ceramic thermo-coating for rapid heat transfer which keeps the engine bay cooler and translates into cooler air intake for better performance. The muffler is stainless inside and out unlike many Chinese imports which may have stainless cases but have mild steel internals where you can't see. Our flanges are the heaviest available.

Australian made - who cares?
Yes, it is important to support Aussie industry, but that's not the main reason Aussie made is better. Genie constantly assess their existing jigs for fit (around 5 times in the life of a jig) to accommodate as many after-market accessories as possible and to ensure the jigs haven't moved. Our quality control is hands-on and gets more stringent not less. Competitor products manufactured in China find it much more difficult (or don't) modify their jigs, quality control is lacking and quality deteriorates, and their track record for fit is poor.

409 stainless, 304 stainless or aluminised mild steel - what's best?
We use 409 stainless which has the longest life because it resists corrosion regardless of any surface damage - unlike aluminised mild steel which has a more limited lifespan. And mild steel (without aluminised coating) has a very short lifespan. 409 stainless tolerates the constant heat cycling that an exhaust endures much better than higher grades of stainless. And while those higher grades (304 & 316) may look pretty, they don't stay pretty for long. And worse - they get brittle and crack from the constant heat cycling, so their lifespan is also limited.

THE 5-STAR GUARANTEE
5-year ‘won’t break’ warranty ... if it breaks we replace it!*

Any Genie component that breaks due to faulty materials or workmanship will be replaced with new during the 5 year warranty period - the longest available for Australia’s tough conditions.

Dyno proven power … or your money back!*
You’ll gain 10% or more power over your stock system and up to 41% when combined with a chip (a Roo chip was used in this example). Note that the biggest performance gains are in the most practical driving range. If you don’t get at least 10% gain (you need to do a dyno run before and after) we will give your money back.

Dyno shows a Nissan GU Patrol 3L turbo diesel with Genie exhaust and chip (a Roo chip was used in this example). Chipping after fitting your new Genie bolt-on system will maximize your performance results.

Easy DIY fit, no hoist needed ... or your money back!*
Bolts directly to the factory turbo and uses the original mounting points. Designed as a DIY bolt-on, Genie systems fit easy with maximum clearances - guaranteed, or your money back. Unlike other aftermarket systems, you won’t need a workshop hoist to install. And faster, better fitting saves labour if you decide to get your mechanic to do the job.

Ships same day ... or the freight is free!*
Complete your purchase before midday EST and we will ship the same day – guaranteed or the freight is free! We can deliver great service because Genie manufacture in Australia and warehouse lots of stock. Offer excludes some rural regions and international destinations.

Better delivery.
Genie use the strongest packaging in the industry so it arrives undamaged and without parts missing.

Aussie built tough as …
Designed and built in Australia with premium exhaust grade 409 stainless mandrel bent tube and stainless mufflers, with ceramic thermo-coated dumps, heavy duty flanges and quality components. If other manufacturers can’t say the same they’re probably made in China.

Heavy duty value.
Competitively priced from $995, Genie exhaust systems offer great value - better priced, better made with longer life and longer warranty than other heavy duty systems.

*Conditions apply. See 5-Star Guarantee

SPECIFICATIONS
PART: SETGU-2
PRICE: $995 Berserker (pipe-only) system, $1095 System with Muffler, $1195 System with Muffler and high-flow CAT
FITS: Nissan Patrol GU TD 3L Turbo Diesel ZD30 4×4 WAGON 2000+
Bolts on directly to the factory turbo and uses original mount points.
OPTIONS: (1) Ceramic coating $79 - (2) Pyro (EGT) fitting $10​

• Dyno proven power – Up to 41% increase in torque and HP.
  • Heavy duty 409 stainless throughout pipe work and muffler internals.
  • Heavy duty high-flow stainless core catalytic converter with heat shield and the only 5-year warranty in the industry.
  • Heavy duty – flanges and brackets.
  • All mandrel bends means no constrictions.
  • High flow 3” exhaust system – significantly greater flow volume than stock.
  • Ceramic thermo-coated dump pipe – hand crafted in Australia for faster heat dispersion away from the engine bay.
  • Designed for off-road high-clearance driving.
  • Gaskets and bolts and pyrometer plug included.
  • Pyro bung and plug in dump pipe (1/4” BSP).
WHAT’S INCLUDED:

• Dump pipe (including CAT on some configurations)
  • Flex pipe
  • Muffler pipe
  • Tail pipe
  • Gasket kit including bolts, nuts and pyro plug
  • Strongest packaging in the industry
  • Fitting instructions
Call Barney, Tim or Richard at Genie today for more information and a
free, no-obligation quote on a performance exhaust for your Patrol.
Call (07) 3205 1314 today

·
Registered
nissan patrol gr
917 Posts
Very interesting product. Do you sell overseas? I need a quote, to be shipped to 7630 NW 25th Street # 2B. Miami , Florida 33122.
My GU is shorty 2007 3.0 DI so the exhaust is not so long
thank you

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi guderiancol

Exhaust system for the GU 3L 2007 shorty wagon
We currently only make the regular wheelbase exhaust which we CAN supply to you but it would need to be customized at your end. Typically it would need to be shortened in the muffler section of the exhaust - exactly where depends on where the hangers are located on the shorty. We would supply a metre of extra tube and a couple of bends for the customizing at no extra charge. The section needing to be shortened would require cutting at 2 points (to shorten it), then the supplied tube and/or bends would themselves be cut and welded to make a shorter replacement section that allows the other sections to hang from their original hangers (not under stress).

Freight to Florida
It is difficult to find a freight company here that doesn't charge an arm and a leg. Typically they charge about $900 to Florida. I am currently requesting an exact quote. It may well be cheaper to organize freight from your end. Dimensions are 170cm x 42cm x 32cm (67" x 17" x 12") Weight 30kg (66lbs).

Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
nissan patrol gr
917 Posts
Thank you...

May be if I get the exhaust coming from turbo to catalytic converter only?

Here In Colombia they can make me the the remaining part, silencer etc

(FYI shipping to Miami and then to Bogota is worth than Australia to Colombia)

is it possible?

Let me know

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guiderancol

We can sell you the turbo dump pipe only (the first pipe section from the turbo which includes the catalytic converter) and you can get the rest made as you suggest.

Freight
I do not understand what you are asking in your post above. You originally asked for a quote to Florida. I will try to get a quote to Bogota for the dump pipe only (never shipped there before).

I will PM a quote to you.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gr
917 Posts
Hi Guiderancol

We can sell you the turbo dump pipe only (the first pipe section from the turbo which includes the catalytic converter) and you can get the rest made as you suggest.

Good

Freight
I do not understand what you are asking in your post above. You originally asked for a quote to Florida. I will try to get a quote to Bogota for the dump pipe only (never shipped there before).

I will PM a quote to you.
To Miami, I need an english teacher, sorry

·
Registered
nissan
115 Posts
Picked up and installed my exhaust yesterday.
The build quality is excellent, all mounts line up perfectly and it all tucked up nice and tight.
I got the high flow cat and muffler so the increase in noise over standard is very little, just a bit of turbo whistle now.
Has definitely gained some extra power and better throttle response but haven't had time to test too much yet, hopefully will see better economy too.
Overall very happy with the exhaust, only took about 3 1/2 hours to remove old exhaust and install new one.
Also the guys at genie were great to deal with, great service!
Cheers
Josh

·
Registered
nissan patrol st-l
30 Posts
Picked up and installed my exhaust yesterday.
The build quality is excellent, all mounts line up perfectly and it all tucked up nice and tight.
I got the high flow cat and muffler so the increase in noise over standard is very little, just a bit of turbo whistle now.
Has definitely gained some extra power and better throttle response but haven't had time to test too much yet, hopefully will see better economy too.
Overall very happy with the exhaust, only took about 3 1/2 hours to remove old exhaust and install new one.
Also the guys at genie were great to deal with, great service!
Cheers
Josh
Josh, wait till its gone through a few heat cycles... sounds even sweeter and it even gets more responsive.

·
Registered
nissan
1,104 Posts
in sept/oct last year i purchased a a discontinued Aluminised 3inch system with muffler + i got the ceramic coated dump pipe with hiflow cat.
well after hours try to get the Heat shield off, and then cracking the bolts on the old system, i only needed to cut one bolt with the angle grinder. :) any ways after hours of work there, the dump pipe has a bracket at the bottom, it did not line up correctly, bit of bending and dye grinding, the hole was algined so i could get the bolt in. asiide from that little hickup- once it put the dump pipe in, the new system was in in like 15mins, fittted up to orig mounts very well.

and then the fight to refit the heat shield, it lost- angle grander wins.
i blame the heat shield for my procrastination. but now it adjusted that suxer, it won't delay me again. :)

So thanks Richard and Genie, great product and easy fitting. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts