Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
239 Posts
great job mate looks real good, can i be rude and ask what it ruffly cost for the materials?
also how have you attached the stainless tube to the body ?

·
Registered
nissan
50 Posts
Looks good....looking at doing similar for my GU but in 4in and stainless all the way so gotta find a good welder.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Here are some pics of a snorkle i made up on the weekend
started with making the hole, i drilled heaps of little hole then filed it to make it nice n round,Then i used pinchweld to finish off the hole
Umm just wondering, why didn't you just use a hole saw? Got to be easer than drilling lots of little holes and then filing it out?

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Can i ask why you ran the snorkel all the way to the front then to only use flex to run it all the way back to the firewall?

·
Registered
nissan
100 Posts
Looks good....looking at doing similar for my GU but in 4in and stainless all the way so gotta find a good welder.

Exhaust shop will mandrel bend that for you. I know a bloke at a shop so I got it done on my hilux for free. But I also know a bloke that does a bit of TIG welding and it has to be cheaper than what he charges.

·
Registered
nissan
65 Posts
that looks great mate.

would you be able to tell me the lengths of the 2 bits of stainless you used?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Where'd you get the tubing from and roughly how much was it
X2, mine crapped istelf going through a bog hole, carby now full of mud. lucky it runs on gas ok....

·
Registered
nissan
85 Posts
Looks great. I did a similar think to my hilux except I used an airteck snorkel head, just had to find one that was 45 degree ish and was setup for passenger side - think it was off a navara. You should also be able to pick up the stainless at any where that does custom exhaust or intercooler installs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts