Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone is running these and what the are like compared to the 12.5s.

I think it is only bfg that make them so is that because they are crap or are they just not that popular for some other reason?

I am thinking i want to get a set but dont want to spend 1500 bucks on them if they are not gona cut the mustard

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
I got Micky T ATZ in a 33x12.5

they're awesome. . . heaps more bagging when you let air out of the tyre, and just having a wider tyre looks mean right from the start.

TF

·
Registered
nissan
255 Posts
Had 12.5 on my pajero and they looked great but I reckon hurt my fuel economy badly. Will be looking to go 33X10.5 or 11.5 on my patrol when I can afford new tyres.

·
Registered
GU IV 4.2
987 Posts
I got 33x10.5 KM2's on mine. Couldn't be happier with them. Never had 12.5 so cant really compare to them. Sure they dont look as cool as the 12.5s but still take me where ever i point the car. I would definatly buy this size again

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
the theory is narrower dig down quicker to the hard base while wider spread the load and "float" more..

I think it would depend on what you wanna use it for too...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yer true i am happy with the width i have now (31x10.5) but i just want to get a bit more hight.
so i was thinking about the 33x10.5s. was just not sure how they would handle
it sounds like anyone who has had them was happy though

·
Registered
455 Posts
I like 33x10.5 as a size, yes they don't look as mean as 12.5's but alot of knowledgeable people have said to me that taller narrower tyres perform better in a wide range of conditions, due to both the shape of the contact patch with the ground and also that a narrow tyre gives you less contact area and therefore more contact pressure.

They are also lighter and give better fuel economy on the road. Look at all the army trucks etc they run very tall narrow tyres and have for decades.

Have a bit of a search around wide vs narrow has been done many times before

Just my 2c

Craig

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
Look at all the army trucks etc they run very tall narrow tyres and have for decades.
I think you might want to have a look at some of the army trucks a mog runs a wide tyre 395mm wide. The landys do run a split rim set up however apart from the recon landys they dont even run cross axle lockers. An army landy couldn't keep up with a 2inch lifted gq with some 33's (excluding the recon) as they simply aren't designed or needed to be overly capable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts