Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im looking to buy a second hand set of 33x12.5x15 nankang muddies as a daily tyre and touring (not for the hard stuff) They are on 15x7 wheels, but i was told by a tyre place i need to run 15x8? Possibly cause i asked what size i needed. Anyway will these 33x12.5x15 be ok for the driving mentioned on 7" wide rims? cheers

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,567 Posts
You need 8 inch rims for 12.5 wide tyre, no decend tyre whould will fit them to 7 inch rims as its illegal.

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts

·
Slow But Reliable
nissan gq patrol
526 Posts
I've got the same size on 7's and haven't had any problems.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,567 Posts
I ran 33 inch Mickey claws on stocky 15x7s no worrys at all! And my mate now has them on a surf. Trust me it's all good.
Its illegal so its No good, plus it handles like crap, I bought my car with this tyre combo and the tyres were constantly tracking, they were following every conture on the road, as soon aa I fitted an 8 inch wide rims the tracking stopped.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
I ran 33 inch Mickey claws on stocky 15x7s no worrys at all! And my mate now has them on a surf. Trust me it's all good.
Jeez posts like that burn me... Mulisha wants to use them as his Daily and Touring Tyres

For your edification Sammyt its "not all good". It's totally 100% illegal and they will handle like poo on teh Bitumen.

In the event of any hint of tyres, braking or handling having even the smallest part to play in any accident he would be stuffed.

If it was offroad play tyres then... Pffft, who cares... but "Trust me its all Good" for road use !!!... FFS :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.