Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 35x12.5 MT MTZ on at the moment that came with the truck I bought. Had two tyre services balance them and they're still bad.

I'm going to take them off and keep them for just offroad replacing with a set of ATs.

Can anyone recommend any that will balance up well for road use? Looking at the usual suspects MT ATZ P3, Cooper ST Maxx, BFG, but keen to hear any suggestions that people have had success with balancing at this size.

Cheers

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Toyo/Nitto are high quality tyres,
X2

These tyres take vertually no weight to be balanced, some drive around with them unbalanced and they are fine.

·
Registered
nissan
286 Posts
I've got 315 Pro comp XMT's and they are balanced up fine, even my 36in Simexs are balanced up nicely (got a fair bit of weight on them but smooth to drive).

Some big mud tyres will flat spot if parked up when the tyres are hot, when you drive off again in the morning they are like 50 cent pieces until they warm up and smooth back out again. (Simex are bad for this)

·
Registered
Nissan
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm... I'm wondering if it could be something to do with the driving gear then. Two balances and it still gets a distinct steering wheel wobble between 50 and 80km, clears up round 100km.

Odd.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
What rims are you running?

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Hmmm... I'm wondering if it could be something to do with the driving gear then. Two balances and it still gets a distinct steering wheel wobble between 50 and 80km, clears up round 100km.

Odd.
Join the club mate, im running Goodyear MTR's 315's on a 16x8 Dynamic D neg 22 and im getting a terrible wobble and then the dreaded death wobbles. I have just fitted 6 week old panhards and some buds drop boxes to see if this helps, but the guys at the tyre shop are still working on it. My tierod arm is a little bent but shouldn't add to the problem should it?:headwall:

·
Registered
Nissan
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What rims are you running?
Micky Thompson 2 -22 offset 16x8.

Adam I had bad death wobbles in my previous JK Wrangler. A good steering damper sorted it temporarily but in the end it was correct tuning of the front end geometry that fixed it.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Tyre shop gave me the run down - 5 degrees caster, front panhard bush has movement and my damper is fingered!! So im going a Fox damper that goes to the chassis instead of panhard and will be replacing bush in the panhard. Hopefully that fixes it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts