Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been discussed before on this thread View topic - will 35 inch tyres fit under a 2 inch lift on a 08 GU wagon | Australian 4WD Action with one confirmation. I have a 99 GU , wanted to ask someone who is running this setup whether the following is a definitive list of things required to remove any rubbing on a 2 inch suspension lift with 35 inch tyres

1. Rear bumpstops from an 80 series landcruiser to bolt into the front
2. Longer after market rear bumpstops from fleabay
3. 16 mm radius arm spacers
4. + 16 mm longer lower rear arms
5. 15 X 8 Rims with -22 offset or greater

Also the distance between the panhard and the diff seems awfully small as is , wont the spacer make it smaller ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
I'm running 50mm ext bump stops on the rear and 10mm front. Factory 17" rims. Stock lower arms, 10mm shorter uppers, radius arm spacers, and modified from mudflaps and that's with 3" springs but same for 2".

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Yes, front diff and panhard rod proximity can be a issue when radius arm spacers, adjustable panhard or diff guards are used.

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Timo_Ed , whats the size of the radius arm spacer you are running and how does the diff sit in relation to the panhard.. it obviously brings them closer. I am very surprised that you are running factory offset with 35s and a 3 inch.. I thought that would definitely cause some rubbing without actual trimming

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
I have 2 inch lift and 35s. All I did was space my rear 80 series bump stops 2 inches. Everything else is fine no rubbing although my front mudflaps have fallen off and my front flares are mashed so that might of helped. Oh and my heavy duty rear arms are about 10 mm longer than standard but mines a dual cab so its not an issue.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
nissan
286 Posts
Unless your shocks are 3-4inches longer than stock you probably have less travel yeah? Flexi coils?

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Unless your shocks are 3-4inches longer than stock you probably have less travel yeah? Flexi coils?

On my GU4 wagon with 50mm ext bump stops and 12" shocks I've got an extra 1" of up travel and extra 5-6" of down travel. Custom coils but similar design to flexi coils.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Timo_Ed , whats the size of the radius arm spacer you are running and how does the diff sit in relation to the panhard.. it obviously brings them closer. I am very surprised that you are running factory offset with 35s and a 3 inch.. I thought that would definitely cause some rubbing without actual trimming

I think it's about 12mm from memory..it's just a superior engineering washer/spacer all-in-one..nothing fancy. My panhard is factory so no clearance issues. I did trim the trailing edge of the upper panhard bracket by about 5mm when I fitted just to be sure, but I don't think it was absolutely necessary.

Factory offset...no rubbing on the front. It kisses the inner guard trim at the top. The rear scrubs the chassis rail but it wouldn't matter if I was running +10 or -28 that would still happen with 12" shocks. For some perspective a 33" tyre and off the shelf 2" lift will still rub on the chassis rail..it's just the way it is and is not a problem. The only bit that catches is the plastic stone guard that covers the fuel filler hoses. It needs to be pushed back about 30mm which is easy to do by relocating the lower clip back 30mm. It still kisses it at full flex but won't tear it off. Plenty of clearance everywhere else and that is why I recommend shorter uppers over longer lowers.

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys..Much appreciated. I am not exactly what you would call mechanically inclined but do try and give it a go which means most of the time, what would take someone 1 hour to do takes me half a day :) . Anyways how hard is it to install the radius arm spacers and the control arms ? I cannot see any definitive step by step guide online

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to all who replied

2 inch lift with 35 inch Federal MTs. No rubbing. Had to use the cruiser bumpstops front and back and a 15mm radius arm spacer..thats it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts