Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people.
I'm kinda new to this hole 4x4 thing, so anyways i got a 99 2.8td. She's a decent thing and i hope to keep her that way but not very trust friendly when it comes to mechanics... sorry mechanics.
The jist is i got 35's pretty sure there's to lift in it and she scrubs/rubs hard, got some minor oils leak :evillaug: from a rubber pipe leading towards my turbo & already replaced the steering damper. Question is what can i do that not to cost effect. I've heard about spacers and stuff but do i have to get bigger springs and shocks ?
Any tips would be appreciated.
Cheers

Attachments

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,686 Posts
Where exactly do the tyres scrub and when?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could say its about half a rotation from full lock on the thing that Hold the shocks ? (that makes a rumble sound like ancient stone doors from the movie). All the wheel arches have about 1 Inch scrubs marks from the inside of the tire's.

·
"Remember, you're unique... just like everyone els
nissan patrol
1,594 Posts
See if someonelocal will swap you a set of 33" tires. They won't scrub and the biggest change will be that 2.8 won't feel like a snail. 35's are more for the 4.2's so a set of 33's on the 2.8 will be a good mix of clearance and performance.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
nissan
342 Posts
Alternative to Goldtrol's advice is to get a proper 2 to 3" lift on the vehicle. At least then you can drive at a snails pace without scrubbing .....

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
8,969 Posts
Could say its about half a rotation from full lock on the thing that Hold the shocks ? (that makes a rumble sound like ancient stone doors from the movie). All the wheel arches have about 1 Inch scrubs marks from the inside of the tire's.
I think thats your radius arm you are describing.

Only real fix for that is to adjust your steering stops to limit your turning circle. Many Patrols have different turning circles due to these things being adjusted to improve the vehicle around town and also to stop larger tyres from rubbing here. Greater offset rims or wheel spacers will not really resolve it.

As for scrubbing in the wheel arches the only real fix is to go back to original sized tyres or extend your bumpstops.

Lifting your vehicle won't stop the scrubbing on full compression. Extending your bumpstops will.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.