Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all
i have a 1990 SWB patrol with a 2" lift and im looking at buying a new set of tyres for offroad use only. i currently have 31's which are purely road tyres and will be used as every day use. What im wanting to know is the 2" lift sufficient enough to handle the 35's or would i be better off getting 33's or put coil spacers in when i put the 35's on? and what sort of offset would be needed for the rims with these size tyres?
The 35's will probably be simex centipede (35x10.5-15) and the 33's probably mud terrains KM2 (33"x10.5-15)if that makes any difference

Any advice will be great

Thanks guys

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
You can fit 35s with no lift. Do search there is thread on this.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
18 Posts
why would you want 2 change tyres every time to go 4byin in different weather???? wouldnt a lift n 1 set of good all-rounders be better???

·
Registered
nissan
82 Posts
why would you want 2 change tyres every time to go 4byin in different weather???? wouldnt a lift n 1 set of good all-rounders be better???
exactly y i went for a set of muddies for my daily, stuff changing them on weekends, when you will probbably leave em on cause we all to lazy to take em back off afterwards:)

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
mistertapps said:
wouldnt a lift n 1 set of good all-rounders be better???
Simex Extremes V MT's? I dont think some people appreciate how good a proper set of extreme tyres are V MT's.

The other advantage is you can run much larger tyres for your offroaders. I remember an OL night run up Toolangi, Guts turned up with his 38 swampers on Beadlocks on the back of his lux, and threw the 35 MT's in the bushes while we went wheeling. Changed back at end of weekend and drove back to Albury.

**** loads of people run 2 sets of wheels - some with AT's and MT's, others Simexs etc as the second set...
best part of any tyre is the first 10%. Why waste that 10% on the road?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts